Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.ocztechnology.com/product...l_channel-2gb_

My system runs with an O/C FSB of 246 mhz x 11 (200 mhz x 11 standard) and my BIOS allows me to run DDR 500. Therefore, if i run at DDR 500, considering my FSB overclock, with this memory be able to cope?

My DDR 400 memory can't and therefore im running it at 333mhz in the BIOS which is effectivlu giving me 390 mhz clock speed which is around 18%.

Therefore, my DDR 500 memory would have to run at 295 mhz (590 mhz) so could it cope or will i have to go for faster memory?

·
Registered
355 Posts
You aren't going to find faster 2 gb sticks. If you take off your divider and run 1:1 so that your ram is running at 246mhz along with your htt then your new ram will be rated to keep up.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You saying that i cant use the DDR 500 option on my MOBO? and then with the O/C be close to 600 mhz?

·
Registered
355 Posts
i am saying that you should run the ddr400 option with the new ram, if you do, then when you overclock your htt to 246mhz, your ram will be running at DD542, which is within its rated specs, and you'll be running a 1:1 ratio between cpu speed and memory speed.

·
Premium Member
3,804 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheStorming

http://www.ocztechnology.com/product...l_channel-2gb_

My system runs with an O/C FSB of 246 mhz x 11 (200 mhz x 11 standard) and my BIOS allows me to run DDR 500. Therefore, if i run at DDR 500, considering my FSB overclock, with this memory be able to cope?

My DDR 400 memory can't and therefore im running it at 333mhz in the BIOS which is effectivlu giving me 390 mhz clock speed which is around 18%.

Therefore, my DDR 500 memory would have to run at 295 mhz (590 mhz) so could it cope or will i have to go for faster memory?

That would be great for your setup. Run 1:1 and that ram will keep up to ddr500 minimum and might even do a little better.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts