Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm almost done my new main build and want to turn my old pc into an htpc. What I need help is someone telling me what I need to change, add, remove etc. I want to use it as a kodi player and gaming machine. Currently it can run some games like doom 2016 on max settings, some others like witcher 3 it can't. The specs are:

i7 920 at 4 ghz
16 gb ram 1600 mhz
Evga classified mobo
gtx 680 4gb
it has full watercooling with ek block on nb/sb
Wifi card, xfi titanium sound card but no bluetooth.

I think the only change I will have to do is buy an AIO cooler and replace the cooling but I can't figure out what case to get. The current haf 932 is too big and too heavy and the wheels broke off. Also some other thoughts would be appreciated.

·
Registered
31 Posts
On the gaming side it seems to be quite powerful, for Kodi it's 10x overkill
biggrin.gif
The only issue that may appear is the need of cooling for the overclocked CPU vs the noise in the living room, maybe you should consider reducing the clock. Noise (or lack of) is pretty much everything in an HTPC build.

For the case, I suppose your mobo is full ATX. Silverstone has a nice range of HTPC full ATX cases. It seems the majority of them support at least a 1x120mm radiator for your AIO.

·
Registered
577 Posts
+1 on the silverstone cases, i have the GD07 and it looks really good, no cable management though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts