Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Just living in a van...
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No guarantee everything works - though, for the most part, they should. I used much of this as a home server for the last couple years, but decided to just let my desktop handle those duties for the time being. The drives were for a special project that I no longer have the enthusiasm for - most have been tested and work, but all have a lot of hours on them so they're probably more of a novelty at this point. That said, if you're patient you can get around $20 apiece for them. I never tested the sound cards, so YMMV on those, but the GPU and RAID cards work fine.

What you see is what you get. Does NOT come with a PSU, optical drive, or anything else not explicitly listed.

1x Supermicro motherboard
2x Intel Xeon L5640 Processors
2x Noctua Heatsinks w/ 4x Noctua Fans
6x 8GB Crucial ECC RAM
1x Fractal Design Define XL Case (should have a fair amount of original extra hardware and extra 140mm fan)
7x Western Digital 150GB Raptor X Hard Drives [most tested with greater than 15k hours, most, if not all, work with no errors]
1x M-Audio 24/96 PCI Sound Card (untested)
1x Sound Blaster Audigy 2 PCI Sound Card (untested)
1x EVGA 8400GS Video Card
1x Raid Card - unsure what type, some form of single SAS LSI situation, support up to RAID 6 and has a BBU, comes with breakout cable

I'm far too impatient to try to sell everything separately, though I'm sure you could probably net around $350-450. I'll be moving shortly and I want this out of my house. $100 if you pick it up locally (Las Vegas). Otherwise, I actually do have the original box for the case and can ship it, but you're going to pay at a flat rate of $100 even to the lower 48 for shipping. No negotiations on shipping and no holding it for anyone. First person to either physically take it from me or send me money for shipping owns it.

If you are outside US48 PM me and maybe we can work something out.
smile.gif

Edit: The eBay post for the RAID card listed this: "LSI MegaRAID SAS 9260-4i PCI-e 4-Port 6Gb/s Raid Card L3-25121-61A w/ Batt" so take that for what it's worth. Worked fine with the stock firmware, never got around to flashing it to anything else. It also comes with a PCI bracket so it's good to go.

I prefer Paypal, but of course cash is accepted if you pick it up locally.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Can a mod lock/delete this? OP is not responding. :'( really wanted this

·
Just living in a van...
1,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Hello Magariz,

I apologize, I hadn't seen any notifications on this until your most recent post. I do see now that I have a number of PMs as well that I never saw before. Anyhow, prior to the forum switching to the new format I had closed this thread. I do still have the server parts, but I have since moved and no longer have the shipping box, and everything else is pretty much stashed in a corner of my garage somewhere. At some point I will be parting it out, but I'm not sure I can ship the case anymore since it probably wouldn't be worth it to do so (for me or potential buyers).

Edit: As far as I can tell I have no control over this thread any longer and cannot close it myself.

·
Registered
1,949 Posts
Haha, no worries man. The switch has been rough. I am still very interested, even if its without the case so let me know what comes up in the future.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts