Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Very nice deal... wish it was in 3-4 weeks when i'll have my $ set aside to buy my new SSD
frown.gif

Probably not good intel, but I read a while back (might have been a few years now) that larger SSDs were less reliable/more prone to failure than smaller capacity counterparts. Not sure how that would make sense, and doubt it's true, but want to confirm since I'd love a 500+GB SSD without worry of instability.

·
Network Enthusiast
4,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by h2spartan View Post

So tempting...
Not really. I mean it is tiger direct, and that is kind of a dealbreaker.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valor958 View Post

Very nice deal... wish it was in 3-4 weeks when i'll have my $ set aside to buy my new SSD
frown.gif

Probably not good intel, but I read a while back (might have been a few years now) that larger SSDs were less reliable/more prone to failure than smaller capacity counterparts. Not sure how that would make sense, and doubt it's true, but want to confirm since I'd love a 500+GB SSD without worry of instability.
Well the larger 750GB has a bigger PCB, why would it be less reliable?

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by c0ld View Post

Well the larger 750GB has a bigger PCB, why would it be less reliable?
Not sure. I'm trying to remember, but i think i read it on Tom's Hardware back when i frequented there. The only reasoning i can come up with it that it was early in the consumer SSD times and people were unsure.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I regret paying $800 for 500GB Crucial SSD back in late 2011 -_-

1 - 10 of 10 Posts