Overclock.net banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
901 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Quick question. Planning on doing some small OC'ing(3ghz to 3.5-3.8Ghz) once the parts come back from RMA. I have a Tuniq Tower 120 cpu cooler and from all the reviews that I've check should be good enough to support the OC. My problem is that the bracket doesn't lock the tower completely in place and if it gets a hard jarring, it has the possibility to slide a bit. Is there anything I can do to help tighten it down in place? Is there anything I can put between the baseplate and pressure latch to help put more pressure? Can I fit something that will lock the big hole on the latch to the small notch on the baseplate?

Heatsink/Fan: (On intel boards it can attach with the baseplate and screws, but for the AM2 slot it only has the latch shown in bottom picture.)
Tuniq.jpg

Baseplate: (Look closely and you can see the the notch which is about the size of a pen tip.)
tube.jpg

Latch: (The opening of the latch is about the size of a AAA battery.)
zm1.jpg

·
Old dog, old tricks
9,756 Posts
paper maybe?

·
Registered
2,337 Posts

·
Old dog, old tricks
9,756 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalchi Frusche;13097231
Was thinking a thin cardboard.... but heat+paper is never a good idea right?
It's not gonna ignite, if that's what you're thinking
smile.gif

Since it's above the base place and not intefering with the heat pipes, it should be fine. I used to have tons of paper in my case, at a certain time
smile.gif

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.