Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,656 Posts
I've never been able to, afaik that's just the way it is with a lot of barb/tubing combos - but once it's in your computer you really won't be able to see it.

If you're really committed to it, you'll need two pairs of liner lock pliers and two wash cloths (or one you rip in half) that you don't care about. Put a piece of wash cloth over both ends separately, grab each piece with a pair of liner-lock pliers and crank it down. There's no guarantee that you won't just snap the fitting, or what you'll actually make any headway.

Just remember that however much force you put into putting it together, you'll have to apply more than that to get it apart.

·
Registered
687 Posts
I used some bitspower fittings that had the same issue. They would only screw down about half way but there wasn't any risk of a leak. The Monsoon Free Center comp. fittings will screw all the way down (at least with primochill LRT tubing).
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTRLurself View Post

Just remember that however much force you put into putting it together, you'll have to apply more than that to get it apart.
This holds true for the monsoon fittings especially. I've had instances where I had to take out the barb and compression ring and use a bench vice to separate the two.

·
Twitch Streamer
2,531 Posts
Just make sure they are hand tight and dont use tools to tighten, i did that with one of my blocks (i was a noob okay
redface.gif
) and it was pretty much impossible to remove by hands, only with a tool.

As long as you have the tube as in as you can be with the compression barb just tighten as much as you can with your thumbs and that should be good.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts