Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Matcha Soda
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been on a S22A350H (sammy) since november 2011. I feel that 21.5/22" is simply not cutting it for me anymore, plus I'd like to try out IPS, so am buying a new monitor.

I'm keeping the res [email protected] for now. I have no desire for 120hz (even though I have tried it, it IS better), but the majority of games I'll be playing I will push HQ and am always in the 50-70fps range. Now we factor in how much the costs will increase (budget) to get 120/144 for using maybe 1 or 2 games that run at very high refresh rates, I feel its just not worth it, yet. Maybe when I am wealthy, I might take a beefier gpu, but by that time I might have enough to throw at a newer monitor anyway.

So I set out to buy a monitor with strictly DP or DVI ports + IPS, but majority of monitors I found for some reason are HDMI and D-SUB, I was like ***. I don't want HDMI because of the 24/50hz bug with a few badly coded games (2 to be specific). However if a good offer would present itself, I would not mind, because ultimately, it just is two games only.

I'm from India, so any indian website for shopping would work. Bonus points would be to find a good LG/Sammy monitor (BEST service quality).

The two monitors 3 monitors so far I found to be okay with are
AOC i2369vm sub 10k (DisplayPort)
LG 22MP58VQ but this one feels more like a sidegrade, however IPS would be nice (DVI)
AOC i2579vm 12,400 (HDMI+D-Sub)

Now i2579vm is the ultimate deal breaker, being cheaper than LG's 24" IPS offerings (15k~), and at the same time being bigger.

There is Dell U2412M available at 18~20k, which would be my goto, since its got a reputation, dell service comes only second to LG/Sammy, but cost would be slightly problematic.

Whats strange is I can almost find no "quality" reviews of above 2 found models, apart from customers writing on websites (its okay, works great 11/10 would bang). Hell there is like only 1 unboxing video of the i2579vm and 22mp58vq, but atleast i2369vm has some reviews and videos.

Advise. Salary comes on 7th, need to get something. Must satisfy self.

·
Premium Member
15,714 Posts
My friend take a look at 21:9 aspect ratio monitors.

·
Matcha Soda
1,216 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't believe the games I have today will run fluidly at 2560x1080, 60fps. Anything lower than native will be a blurry mess. Not to mention most games will require some sort of tweak/hack (or dev support in UWP case) to support proper 21:9, I don't feel I am ready for it, neither do I deem it a worthy investment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts