Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys it's that time again. The AS5 tube has run dry. Meaning i need a new tube of thermal grease. One available on Newegg. Issue is AS5 is getting kind of old, surely there is a more advanced material out now? Anyone care to clue me in and tell me what the best stuff to get anymore is?

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
ocz freeze.

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
Yeah i like MX-2 its super easy to apply .

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I got OCZ Freeze over AS5 and my temps dropped 4C. It's also not conductive, unlike AS5. I've also heard very good things about MX-2 and IC though.

·
Premium Member
4,530 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by procpuarie View Post
ic and ocz freeze. have a tube of each next to me.
Same here. I haven't tried AC MX-2, but I have heard that it is just as good.
Any of the 3 will work, but IC Diamond is not available on Newegg, so you only have the 2 choices really.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Again I would say OCZ Freeze or IC Diamond. I haven't tried Diamond, but I know that OCZ Freeze is awesome, and switching from Tuniq TX-2 to this stuff made my Phenom 9850 able to overclock to 3.0 GHz with a Tuniq Tower at load of 60c. Before this I saw numbers creep into the 70s.

·
Registered
72 Posts
error10 had it available, PM him.
If he none left I can get some to you, for a good price, as a member here.
Just PM me if you want.
I think it is the best available now, got the best results of all the TIM's I have tried.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
OCZ freeze, no curing time and is either one of the top three or top five TIMs out there depending on the review.

·
Banned
1,156 Posts
I personally just go with Artic Silver 5, or Artic Silver Ceramique, I can get both locally here at a radioshack, screw paying $2 extra for shipping.

·
Registered
3,445 Posts
This makes me want to toss out both my tubes of AS5 (don't ask why I have two, I don't even know)
, and get that OCZ Freeze.

·
Premium Member
10,487 Posts
MX-2 or OCZ Freeze.
I have a fresh tube of AS 5 that I still have to go through (and I think part of another one).
AS 5 works fine for me, so no reason to toss it out. But when it is out, whichever of the above 2 is cheaper I will get.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts