1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
30 Posts
Keep with the 1 gig modules, that way you can keep the 1T command rate, which is just as important as good timings. And this is a big one, with 1 gig modules less headache, and room for expansion. Some setups dont like running with 4 ram slots filled.

·
Premium Member
5,811 Posts
go with the 2x1gig, and get either the gskill or the ocz gold... your choice really... both are awesome for OCing... my preference is OCZ... but either or is awesome!

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
I would take the OCZ plat. over the gold, becase I know that Abit board won't give you the volts for the BH5 of the gold to run at a decent clock. Instead take the Samsung TCCD chips for decent timings and low volts.

EDIT: Dont get the OCZ Preformance series, it's basically value ram with heatspreaders. I had some and I did not like it 1 bit, wouldn't OC much past its rated timings (I had 2x512 PC-4200). Get the Plat. you will be much happier with that.

Also, Stay away from the Mushkin BH5, same problem as above, not enough volts. Though that G.Skill might be a good choice. There has been mixed results with that stuff though.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
that ocz gold isnt bh5

but I would stick with the g.skill... its proven itself as a major contender

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marshall82

I would recommend this set, I've been doing alot of research and from the results i've seen others have they might be my next pair.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820231032

It's ordered!

Thanks and Reps for you

Can't go with the BH5 cuz my mobo can't provide over 2.8v -unmodded-

This looks like an excellent kit, can't wait to get my grubbys on it.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
They are nice.. you won't be dissapointed. I have one of those right now and will be ordering another in a few days. Good timings!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts