Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay I'm ready to take my i7 930 to 4 GHz. I'll be using 191x21 with speedstep and turbo off but HT on and see how that works out. In my EVGA X58 SLI LE motherboard these are what the voltage settings look like and these are what I kinda need help with:
EVGA VDroop Control -- Off??
CPU VCore -- Start at 1.275v or higher?
CPU VTT Voltage -- ??? because it's currently set on auto which is +0mv
CPU PLL VCore -- between 1.8-1.88v which one??
QPI PLL VCore -- 1.25-1.35 which one??
DIMM Voltage -- between 1.5-1.65v which one??
DIMM DQ Vref -- set at +0mV should I just leave that?
IOH VCore -- 1.2v???
ICH VCore -- 1.2v???
IOH/ICH I/O Voltage -- ???

I'm new to overclocking and just got this cpu yesterday so I fully don't understand everything here and if I even need to change some of it I just want the lowest temps possible while running at 4 GHz.

Also when testing using prime95 which is the best to use not worrying about memory because I'll test that later with memtest86. Small FFTs, In-place large FFTs or Blend?

Thanks so much,
Jeremy

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sn0man View Post
Follow the guide, same as a 920:

Voltages you'll have to test for yourself - no two boards/chips are the same.

Small FFT to stress the CPU, large to stress the RAM/memory controller, blend as a general test.
Okay so I'll run small for the cpu first to test the main stability I guess. I've looked at that guide a bunch but I'm still wondering where a start point for each thing is that's why I'm asking

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersthecool View Post
Okay so I'll run small for the cpu first to test the main stability I guess. I've looked at that guide a bunch but I'm still wondering where a start point for each thing is that's why I'm asking
The starting point would be the AUTO/minimum voltages. You go as far as possible with those, then start to increase them as needed.
  • VCore and vtt will be the main ones necessary to change.
  • CPU PLL you can leave at 1.8V
  • vDIMM you can set to 1.65V
  • IOH and ICH voltage you can most likely leave at 1.1V

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sn0man View Post
The starting point would be the AUTO/minimum voltages. You go as far as possible with those, then start to increase them as needed.
  • VCore and vtt will be the main ones necessary to change.
  • CPU PLL you can leave at 1.8V
  • vDIMM you can set to 1.65V
  • IOH and ICH voltage you can most likely leave at 1.1V
Hmm okay well what would I set the vtt to because right now it shows +0mv whatever that is.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts