Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm making a briefcase PC and I'm looking for speakers to integrate into the build, but I'm having trouble finding some that are small enough without being trash. The closest I've found is a re-brand of this which fit in the briefcase nicely, but emitted an audible hum when there was no audio playing and sounded like aluminum cans in a blender when playing anything marginally loud.

These had pretty good sound quality despite their size, but were too thick. Removing the housing exposed their magnets which would be a bad idea considering how close they'd be to all the other components.

Realistically I'd be OK with garbage sound quality, just not "absolute" garbage. I know I won't find anything great in a tiny form factor but I'm just looking for something capable of playing sound, period.

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Might work, but they look similar in dimension to the HP speakers I linked so I'm not sure. Bought two, I guess I'll find out. In the meantime I would appreciate any more recommendations.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
mount buy as many koss KSC 75's as you can and mount them in the case grado did a similar thing as a prototype. they took 32 per speaker of their top tier headphone drivers and put them in speakers. apparently they sounded pretty good.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts