Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm about to reformat PC and do a fresh install. Probably make the jump from 7 to 10 while I'm at it.

I usually make a big list of everything I need to do. Programs to reinstall, settings to reconfigure, etc. etc.

Anybody have any recommended tips or tricks or advice in this regard? Especially anything to make it less of a manual process.

Thanks!

·
Overclock Failed...
13,565 Posts
Since Win 10 is such a new experience and takes some getting used to, how about dual booting it with your old Win 7?
Then, as you become more comfortable with Win 10 you can gradual move into it and later get rid of (as I'm sure you will!) your old Win 7.

Contana? Yea or neigh?
Spybot Anit-Beacon for sure
Everything is a great substitute for the built in Win 10 search engine

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by billbartuska View Post

Since Win 10 is such a new experience and takes some getting used to, how about dual booting it with your old Win 7?
Then, as you become more comfortable with Win 10 you can gradual move into it and later get rid of (as I'm sure you will!) your old Win 7.

Contana? Yea or neigh?
Spybot Anit-Beacon for sure
Everything is a great substitute for the built in Win 10 search engine
Yea I'm not worried to much about the experience. I've used it and basics are close enough. Also use 8.1 everyday with no major issues.

I was more wondering if anybody has any great tips in regards to easing the headache of reinstalling everything.

·
Registered
5,431 Posts
ninite is a god send

https://ninite.com/

requires time and internet though, but it helps quite a bit, while you download and install other programs that ninite doesn't cover.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good suggestion. I love ninite. Half the time I user it even for single install just because it skips all the BS.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts