Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't see this cooler mentioned very often. How does it rate against others for the price point?

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
It has been in a few reviews and supposedly has a slight edge on the TRUE 120, but I have not seen any members on here that can back that up.

·
Premium Member
7,243 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by spacegoast
View Post

It has been in a few reviews and supposedly has a slight edge on the TRUE 120, but I have not seen any members on here that can back that up.

I concur.

·
Man with Fans
7,746 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Code Geass
View Post

From THIS review, it seems it outperforms TRUE.

BTW, that's the X-Mas edition. Still the same as the original with just them added fancy colours

it smells of tinsel.

·
lAptOp jUnKie
4,632 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jtwizzle
View Post

http://www.hardwarecanucks.com/forum...review-15.html

Goes to blows with megahalems.

I had one before I switch to the Mega and the temps were about the same as my Xig DK. I had gone through all the reseating and checking the thermal paste and the temps still were only better than the Xig DK by a couple of degrees. You definitely will want to swap the heatsink fan for something better like a S-Flex G or Yate Loon. The fan for the Fenrir is pretty but very noisy at 100%. Also it sucks that for a large heatsink like that, the packaging is absolutely crap. It was like picking fruit at a grocery store...it took me about 15 minutes to find a Fenrir that was not damaged. I personally think that heatsink is an absolute waste (referring to the original released version before the revision which is compatible with the 1156 socket).

·
lAptOp jUnKie
4,632 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CudaBoy71
View Post

I was wondering teh same thing.. Micro center has them pretty cheap..

That's exactly where I had bought it from...Micro Center.

·
Premium Member
3,756 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sLowEnd
View Post

The Fenrir is a very good cooler.

It's a shame that the availability here in North America is quite low.

From the reviews I have seen it sounds like a great cooler. And they are readily available at MicroCenter. I see them their every time I go, at the one in Tustin, CA anyway.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts