Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 202 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Untitled-1_zpsdbf04e3e.png

Project NickelbLack.

This will be my 4th build with my TJ07. The reason for the rebuild is I was very tempted to get myself a caselabs SMA8, however it was going to cost well over 1k NZD which is far too expensive for a case imo. So Ive decided to mod my trusty TJ07 to be the next best thing.

I have also recently started up my own modding business here in NZ so will be hoping to showcase some of my skill in this build.

The theme of this build will be as you guessed. Nickel and black

The Mods.

- full length black/dark light box
- smoked acrylic front
- 480 rad up top
- extended mobo tray all the way to the front of the case
- full custom length and sleeved PSU
- all acrylic tubing

The Components.

CPU and Mobo undecided at this stage. However it will likely be an matx board due to the 480 rad being up top.
GPU - GTX780 DCII
RAM - Corsair Dominator Platinum 4x4 @ 1866
PSU - Silverstone Strider Gold 750 or 850
SSD - Samsung 120 and 256

The Watercooling.

Pump - D5 or Aquacomputer Aquastream XT
CPU - EK Supremacy Full Nickel
GPU - EK Asus GTX780 DCII Nickel Alcetal
Rads - XSPC AX480 x2
Fittings - BP EML fittings
Fans - GT AP14s x8 GT AP15s x 8

To-do list.
- HDD holder
- Cut component side window

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DerComissar View Post

First time I can recall seeing a 480 rad up top in a TJ07.
And what happened to the front flip-down door?
tongue.gif

Subbed!
thumb.gif
Who needs a flippy door? haha

Ive seen/heard of a fellow kiwi doing a 480 up top. Havent seen any decent photos though

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by abirli View Post

which acrylic are you planning to use on the light box?
I'll be using black acrylic for the base and sides, dark tinted for the middle and dark tinted for the top piece. I'm not entirely sure how successful it will be. I guess we shall find out when the acrylic arrives

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeblood View Post

I'll be using black acrylic for the base and sides, dark tinted for the middle and dark tinted for the top piece. I'm not entirely sure how successful it will be. I guess we shall find out when the acrylic arrives
Are you basing this off of the MKII black sLight? That sLight made identically to the regular one except it has a piece of translucent black plexi on top.

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffinslaw View Post

Are you basing this off of the MKII black sLight? That sLight made identically to the regular one except it has a piece of translucent black plexi on top.
I certainly am
thumb.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by failwheeldrive View Post

Yeah the tinted slight uses a clear section in the middle as well. IDK know how a tinted piece will work. You're planning on scoring it on the bottom, correct?
I am, is there a link that shows how it is built? Ive only seen the link off of the martmamod site. If the tinted acrylic middle doesnt work then its not too hard to get a clear piece

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fakeblood View Post

I certainly am
thumb.gif

I am, is there a link that shows how it is built? Ive only seen the link off of the martmamod site. If the tinted acrylic middle doesnt work then its not too hard to get a clear piece
I can pull up the link to the German post I have favorited, here it is:

http://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/f141/rund-um-das-slight-v1-798070.html

This is the continuation thread. In the old thread, they had a big long post on the exact way the martmamod one is made. They have pictures of the black sLight in the thread I linked.

Hope it helps! Jeffinslaw

1 - 20 of 202 Posts