Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I have finally finished my latest computer build, and everything works perfectly however the power switch on my TJ07 does not seem to want to work.

Right now I am powering my computer on by using the rampage formula's onboard power switch.

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Did you make sure the connector is secure?

Or hooked up right? (I've not hooked mine up right in the past)

Or did you accidentally mix up the Reset & Power switches?

·
Premium Member
19,923 Posts
Have you tested the pins on the mobo by shorting them to ensure the header works?

If you have a voltage meter then you could check continuity on the switch when you press and hold it.

Perhaps dismantle the switch to ensure proper action, and perhaps clean the contacts.

...and are you sure you used the correct mobo header-pins? (no offense).

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am definitely using the correct header pins as I have powered the computer on by using my old power switch from my last computer as well as manually. I am pretty certain the switch is non functional, but was hoping there was a common problem with it as I have already sleeved the thing.

Thank you both for your responses though.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just to update :

So the switch is definitely not working, but the good news is silverstone is sending me a new unit.

If anyone has any issues, I would suggest that you email Silverstone's support. It took about 3-4 days of back and forth emailing (sort of a nuisance) but everything worked out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts