Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
2,144 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the time has come to take the time and get a nice case and make a system look good. Tired of having wires and cable all over the place in a crowded case.

I went for the TJ07 because although is a little over played I think IMO that it is a beautiful case that is very functional for watercooling purposes and to for future expansions.

One thing that was clear to me from the beginning was that I wanted to make it diferent and i've seen some very nice TJ07's at xtremesystems and murdermod. I took a bit out of everyone and decided to give it a shot.

So the first thing I did was to decide what parts I wanted to replace and what would stay.

Staying:
Motherboard: Evga 3-way SLi x58
CPU: i920 @4.2ghz
Ram: OCZ Gold 12Gb total DDR3 1600
Kaze Master fan Controller with Temp and Rpm dig. display
3.5" Card reader
1x Samsung Lightscribe DVD Drive
Feser Xchanger 240
Swifty 655 Pump
EK 250 Reservoir
Heatkiller 3.0
Omega Striker Soundcard

Getting swap:
GPU: 8800GTS 640mb for a 295GTX
HD: Caviar 640gb Black for an 150gb Raptor I had laying around (waiting for the new Vertex SSD's; getting 2 in Raid 0)
PSU: Corsair TX750 80+ for an Enermax Revolution 1250w 80+

Log..

So I got the case and I brew on what I wanted to do...mmm. BTX for sure; I want the case to look diferent and I knew it would be a challenge.

1st thing I did was to take the case apart within 30 minutes of the brown bus delivering the massive box it came in.

2nd was play with all the parts and prepped them for painting them flat black.

3rd was getting the BTX mod done. Not very hard but you have to think outside the box. All you have to do is remove the motherboard tray out. You will see 2 brackets. One in the tray and one in the top of the case itself. The one in the top of the case needs to be unscrew since you will be replacing it for the one the tray currently has. The one in the tray is held by rivets. This need to be drill out; they pop right out. Once they are out you use the premade holes to install the rail that was inside the case. This will keep the motherboard tray in place.

4th Sleeve every single wire/cable in this case or computer using 2 types of sleeving. I used Murdermod stuff and for others I used Nylon Multifilament (hard to work with but looks awesome)

This is where it sits right now... waiting for more parts

Updates coming...

BTX mod done

Danger Den Fillport

Motherboard and midplate access holes for watercooling and cable management

Murdermod sleeving

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
that looks swett. subd

·
Registered
2,237 Posts
Looks very nice, are you going for a full black look?

·
Registered
2,093 Posts
nice man. how much was that case?

·
Registered
452 Posts
why the dual windows? :S planning some EPIC cable management to show off?

·
Artist
2,683 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nostrano View Post
So you are trying to do a cheap murderbox?
I wouldn't call that a "cheap" murderbox. The case itself retails at $359 on newegg. By no means can that, along with a $400 motherboard be classed as "cheap" or "knockoff." I see where the murderbox inspiration came from though. Here's my question (seriously cause I don't know): If you're watercooling a system, whats the advantage of having the fan controller in the front? is it to lower the fan speed for silence? Everytime I see one of those things it just makes a system look kind of tacky to me IMO. I like things to look sleek yet uniform, like your sleeve cables lol.

·
Registered
6,848 Posts
By cheap murderbox i mean getting the look of the murderbox without having to pay for the $990 case... so i would call it a cheap murderbox, getting a similar look and feel but on a budget

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.