Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by Open1Your1Eyes0 View Post
Do these suffer from the horrible minimum FPS in Crysis and Crysis Warhead, like the original NVIDIA ones?
As I said above it may give you better performance. I dont know not on my rig right now

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Have they been tested?

Edit: I should probably read the source first

Quote:
"So far these have been fantastic. I had the WHQL one before I installed this and I had problems in Fallout 3- explosions would make my FPS drop to nothing for a couple seconds, and some stuttering. This driver fixed it. "

Quote:
They seemed to reduce the quite weird yet heavy stutter I had in 3D Mark Vantage.
Performance is definitely great, 187.66 was only better in CoD4 for me. 195.62 definitely shines where more performance is needed like in MW2 or NFS Shift. Both definitely never looked this detailled and crisp as with this XG set.

Quote:
Best driver set in is long as I can remember. Great job!

Modern Warfare 2 runs great - I probably gained about 5 FPS overall. World of Warcraft runs just fine as usual. Aion runs great also.

·
Super Moderator
15,093 Posts
Unless you generate an FPS/time graph (or play though the game), a static min FPS in a benchmark doesn't mean much. It could be something that only occurs for a fraction of a second (unnoticeable in gameplay) or the FPS could be dipping for extended periods of time.

Anyway, there's only one way to find out if these are worthwhile and that is to test it on your own machine.

·
News Junkie
8,232 Posts
MMM, Think I will let someone else test first.

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Monkey92 View Post
Argh school has been keeping me from running benchies of the last few driver releases. I will TRY and test these and some others soon.
That will be awesome can not wait to see the results

·
Melted Cheese
4,182 Posts
I noticed in the DOX modded drivers I used to use on my laptop some of his best releases that made some games possible on all high settings for me, but would drop my 3dmark06 score by over 400 points.

I would *NEVER* take any increase or decrease in synthetic benchmark scores to have *ANY* bearing on actual game performance with modded drivers!

I suggest you completely disregard skunksmash's post and try them out in some games that you are currently playing.

·
Premium Member
5,772 Posts
Xtreme-G's always gave me better clock then equal to nvidia originals.

·
Premium Member
8,028 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by qazzaq2004 View Post
vantage score isn't everything, but that drop does seem significant...Want to see more real world benches
that was 3dmark06 btw

·
Premium Member
5,777 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by elson
View Post

Crysis 1.21
195.62 vs X-G 195.62

EDIT: on 1680x1050. All settings: High

Min:17.84 fps, Avg: 27.75 fps

195.62 (X-G)
Min: 19.98 fps, Avg: 28.92 fps

Someone with a better GPU should do it.

Based on your results, I think these drivers killed SLI scaling because with two 9800GTX where I got 19 FPS min with 191.07, I got 5 FPS min with 195.62 regulars. The same thing is an issue with my GTX295. There is even one resolution where I literally got 0.00 FPS as a result for the mins.

Reference

1 - 20 of 53 Posts