Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there any such thing as "to much" fan on a cpu? meaning to fast? my polo 735 hsf runs up to 5500rpm and while playing around and recording temps and rpm's i noticed my system temp going up. it maxed out at 34c(28 at idle) so no biggie there. the psu fan is plugged direct to the ps with manual control. single wire(yellow) on 3pin plug goes to mb (cpu fan plug) for monitoring. seems kinda strange to me that the system temp would go up even without fan running through mb.
Anybody else seen this? could the fan be so strong as to overpower the other 4 case fans?
thanks in advance.....

·
Banned
1,212 Posts
No... fans cant overpower eachother in any normal or close to normal situation. You might be blowing hot air somewhere that it shouldnt be though...

·
Registered
78 Posts
Did someone not post something about this at one time.... Just my guess but if your HS fan can circulate enough air it could be recycling the hot air quicker than it can be replaced. Hence your temps rise until there is a balance. I would try increasing the amount of fesh air your case recieves and I would almost bet you will resolve this problem.

i got a 2-5c drop by just changing an intake fan to an exhaust fan.... (moved it from a front intake to a rear exhaust) mind you the exhaust fan sits right above my Ultra2400 and directly behind my silent tower. so it is able to quickly exhaust the two biggest heat producers in my set up...

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by rquilley

Did someone not post something about this at one time.... Just my guess but if your HS fan can circulate enough air it could be recycling the hot air quicker than it can be replaced. Hence your temps rise until there is a balance. I would try increasing the amount of fesh air your case recieves and I would almost bet you will resolve this problem.

i got a 2-5c drop by just changing an intake fan to an exhaust fan.... (moved it from a front intake to a rear exhaust) mind you the exhaust fan sits right above my Ultra2400 and directly behind my silent tower. so it is able to quickly exhaust the two biggest heat producers in my set up...

i have had the same results with the case open and lots of fresh air available

·
Registered
78 Posts
Well the only other guess I would have is that the speed is causing a turbulance problem accross the hs and hence reducing the effectiveness of the entire system.

Can you decrese the fan speed to see if that helps......

other than that I am fresh outa ideas.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts