Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I own an EC2-A. I love the mouse in every regard except the coating. I had tried previous iterations of the coating, but it never worked for me. It's gotten better, but it's still not glossy plastic. Before this, i had the EC-1 eVo white (glossy plastic). Grip was so effortless, it would stick to my hand. With the EC2-A and its coating, i have to exert additional pressure with a claw grip in order to lift the mouse. Basically, it's not an effortless affair, and extended periods of use leave my hand somewhat sore.

Because of this, i've been considering the other 3310 mice with glossy coatings. The white Rival 300 seems like the only decent alternative for me, considering shape and sensor performance. I'm willing to give up not having to install software in order to have a comfortable grip again.

My question to owners, however, is this: how do the rubber sides perform? Will they provide friction commensurate with glossy plastic so that my fingers (main points of pressure) don't slip or is it more or less the same as the coating on the black version or mice like Zowie?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Never tried the white one, but generally speaking the rubber on the Rival is more grippy than the coating on the EC series. That in conjunction with the gloss should provide a sufficient grip.

• Rep+
Reactions: ToTheSun!

·
Banned
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximillion View Post

Never tried the white one, but generally speaking the rubber on the Rival is more grippy than the coating on the EC series. That in conjunction with the gloss should provide a sufficient grip.
Alright, thanks!

By the way, are there any issues with the Rival 300 that i should know about?

·
Registered
233 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToTheSun! View Post

Alright, thanks!

By the way, are there any issues with the Rival 300 that i should know about?
I got a silver rival a few days ago and in general its ok. The only thing that tilts me when browsing the internet is the flimsy shell on the main mouse buttons (it has like 0.5-1mm pre travel before the shell hits the actual switch) but to be honest i dont notice it in-game!

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have owned 2 different white Rivals (pre 300 branding) and both had tons of grip. It was the kind of grip that gets better once your hand oils start to coat the glossy shell. Though it can get to a point where there is just too much hand oil and the mouse needs to be cleaned. YMMV based on your skin type.
Quote:
Originally Posted by v0rtex-SI View Post

I got a silver rival a few days ago and in general its ok. The only thing that tilts me when browsing the internet is the flimsy shell on the main mouse buttons (it has like 0.5-1mm pre travel before the shell hits the actual switch) but to be honest i dont notice it in-game!
I have had 3 different Rivals (pre 300 branding) go through my hands. Two of which are still in my possession. Only one of them had the lose pre-travel on the main left button. The other two were perfectly tight and clicky.

·
Banned
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I think i'm going to risk and buy one. Thanks for the help, guys!

·
Registered
463 Posts
I had the Zowie EC1 EVO White and the Rival 300 White. I too prefer glossy coatings over rubber like current zowie mice. You will like the Rival White coating no doubt, go for it.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Who would want a Rival or EC when you can have one of these?

Did you people not learn from FinalMouse that lower Hz = more pro?
wink.gif

·
Banned
8,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond10 View Post

I had the Zowie EC1 EVO White and the Rival 300 White. I too prefer glossy coatings over rubber like current zowie mice. You will like the Rival White coating no doubt, go for it.
Thank you! That's the type of experience i was looking for.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts