Overclock.net banner

to SLI or not to SLI GTX570

750 views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  champyg 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

Rig listed below.

I would like to know if I would get any gains from 2 570s

I believe they don't make my model card anymore from asus...

I play games at 1080p but I want to be future proof, will I be better off waiting for a new card gpu to arrive?

That's all I would like to know, peace of mind if its worth the upgrade or wait for a new card.

If so any updates on new releases?

Cheers,

#4 ·
Do it!

#5 ·
Go for it
!!

#6 ·
You'll max any game at your res with two GTX570s, especially @ 900core.

If you decide to keep your psu, only run your cards @ stock. A HX750 would be the minimum for OC'd 570s.

#12 ·
What I have heard so far is: Kepler's mid range cards might come out in Q1 next year. The high end cards will come out further later.

IMHO, GTX570 does have some future proofing already. Yours perhaps has a 50-50 chance of even skipping Kepler. One good test will come up soon when BF3 is released later this month. If your GTX570 passes this test (according to your own personal standard), then this is a very good sign.

However, GTX570 SLI certainly has all the necessary power to skip Kepler and wait for Maxwell in 2013, IMHO.

But if you do go this GTX570 SLI route, you will need to upgrade your PSU to a quality 750W.

#13 ·
You are on a website where a lot of us are PC Enthusiasts and overclockers...
Of course we would always recommend SLI'ing a high end graphics cards... especially with your top of the range gaming CPU... THIS IS WHAT IT'S MADE FOR!

Now a days, like stated above, they scale really well and your gaming experience will be much better... Having frames in games not drop below 60FPS with VSYNC on gives you the perfect gameplay experience and you have the option to go to a 120hz monitor for even better fast-paced gameplay which is in another world... especially if you don't want input lag from V-SYNC...

I can say, I have not had any issues with my SLI setup with Microstutter or drivers and am loving it....

If you have the cash, why not go for it!!!?

#14 ·
I'm in your boat right now. Even have the same card. Seems relatively easy to find another one if you're set on identical cards. What I'm having trouble deciding is if I should try to track down one with extra phases. My card is under water and doesn't OC very good. Max seems to be 850

#15 ·
Thanks guys for the replies.

During the beta of bf3 I was pulling 47-60fps on ultra (before I OC my gpu).

Crysis 2 ultra at about 48fps-55fps.

Since you guys recommending to sli with a higher psu I might not do it, as I just purchased this 650w a couple of weeks ago.

I think I might wait for the next high end card... OR, if I can find a cheap GTX 590, I will jump on that!

#16 ·
Thanks guys for the replies.

During the beta of bf3 I was pulling 47-60fps on ultra (before I OC my gpu).

Crysis 2 ultra at about 48fps-55fps.

Since you guys recommending to sli with a higher psu I might not do it, as I just purchased this 650w a couple of weeks ago.

I think I might wait for the next high end card... OR, if I can find a cheap GTX 590, I will jump on that!

#20 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by iRev_olution;15346215
btw, has anyone overclocked a 570 to 1GHZ?
I wouldn't even try it. A handful of people have toasted their GTX 570 at 900 lately and some guy in the 570 death thread claims his died on stock settings.

#21 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calipso;15346248
I wouldn't even try it. A handful of people have toasted their GTX 570 at 900 lately and some guy in the 570 death thread claims his died on stock settings.
mine has been running stable for the past couple of days.

ran benchmarks fine.

i made the fan speed up at diff. temps.

max i get is 52degrees on a full load.. thats the fan at 80% on a full load.

so i think i might push it to 1ghz..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.