46,126 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by breadcrums View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweffymo View Post

Also your Steam username.
meh..should have covered my tracks b4 i posted
doh.gif
Or leave so much information - as well as being known to have a penchant for lying - people don't know what to believe. More work, but also more fun.

Sent from my Vodafone 858 just to annoy you.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zodac View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by breadcrums View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweffymo View Post

Also your Steam username.
meh..should have covered my tracks b4 i posted
doh.gif
Or leave so much information - as well as being known to have a penchant for lying - people don't know what to believe. More work, but also more fun.

Sent from my Vodafone 858 just to annoy you.
i m too lazy to do that.

sent from the land of the Bengal Tiger :Tiger emoticon:

PS:we need a tiger emoticon on OCN.also a Mafia face emoticon,with aviator glasses and hat.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phazer11 View Post

Well since I've been out of commission for a few months I'm going to go ahead and say it late post but thanks for all the hard for zodac.Also does anyone know if I have to resubmit for my postbit it seems to have dissapeared (so far out of the rankings?)
If you are inactive it disappears. When you start dropping some points it should come back to your profile
wink.gif

·
Overclocking my Toaster
2,131 Posts
Good to know!

Now did I hear correctly that there is a foldathon going on? If so sounds like what I need to motivate me into finishing up my Arch Linux install and see how well that does with bigadv (I hear linux needs different voltages, never used it on an OC), if nothing else I'll switch over my laptop to it.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Yes, there is a FaT going on
wink.gif

It ends tomorrow, in about 25h(a few minutes less), so you're still on time to it
thumb.gif

OC setting in Linux are the same as in Windows, it doesn't require any special settings. Linux OS is quite less demanding than Windows 7 for instance, but while folding, the same stablity issues apply. It is less likely that you see your machine reboot itself though, and you see messages with 'kernel panic' in it if anything goes wrong.

·
Registered
4,710 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by matroska View Post

wink.gif

It ends tomorrow, in about 25h(a few minutes less), so you're still on time to it
thumb.gif

OC setting in Linux are the same as in Windows, it doesn't require any special settings. Linux OS is quite less demanding than Windows 7 for instance, but while folding, the same stablity issues apply. It is less likely that you see your machine reboot itself though, and you see messages with 'kernel panic' in it if anything goes wrong.
I never had that happen with my ubuntu rig, if something goes wrong OC wise, it just reboots. With no messages at all. Which is a real hassle when trying to figure out what went wrong.
sozo.gif

·
Premium Member
5,592 Posts
Quote:

I had to fiddle a bit with my OC on my 1055T switching from Win to Linux, upped the vcore to keep it stable could have been just me though. And all I've ever had as a sign of OC fail in Linux is the screen to go into sleep while the computer seemed to been running, the lights are on but no-one's home and hard resets, tho I haven't looked for a log or anything those times.

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phazer11 View Post

Oh so not enough time for bigadv oh well, anyways anyoe ever hear about memory timings and fah speed what was the decision on that? If anyone knows the answer I'm putting together a christmas list http://www.overclock.net/t/1175821/new-parts-on-a-budget#post_15805225
[email protected] likes fast RAM when you're doing -bigadv
wink.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeppzer View Post

Quote:

wink.gif

thumb.gif

I never had that happen with my ubuntu rig, if something goes wrong OC wise, it just reboots. With no messages at all. Which is a real hassle when trying to figure out what went wrong.
sozo.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by arvidab View Post

Quote:

I had to fiddle a bit with my OC on my 1055T switching from Win to Linux, upped the vcore to keep it stable could have been just me though. And all I've ever had as a sign of OC fail in Linux is the screen to go into sleep while the computer seemed to been running, the lights are on but no-one's home and hard resets, tho I haven't looked for a log or anything those times.
headscratch.gif

It could be just me, but i didn't need any voltage bumps when i passed form Windos to native Ubuntu. I was stable in both. When the rig crashed in Windows, it would always BSOD and reboot, while in Ubuntu the client would freeze but i could restart the rig manually. There were times when Ububtu freezed itself and i had to press the reset button, but it was pretty rare. I didn't fiddle with any settings, as i was stable for about 10-20 days each time i had to restart the rig...
Maybe i'm lucky?
confused.gif

·
Premium Member
11,050 Posts
Is it a folding for CC?

·
Premium Member
46,126 Posts
You mean the computer I use for absolutely everything? That I'm sitting on 65% of the time? After convincing as many people as possible to change their name to OCNChimpin for the CC?

Nah... I'm playing Skyrim. :)

·
Premium Member
11,050 Posts
We don't need no dragonborn. We have Chuck Norris.

·
Premium Member
46,126 Posts
Really? Have him PM me - I would have words.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Really? This has been here for almost a year and I just now noticed it?!? It just goes to prove how large OCN is and how little time I'm able to spend here.
Z, I'm glad that so many pulled this together for you. You deserve it for all that you do for OCN and all that [email protected] benefits. Thank you.

2121 - 2140 of 2148 Posts