Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went over to Best Buy where I never buy anything from them because I can't stand that place to begin with so I went anyways because I wanted a new keyboard and mouse today not next week via online ordering. I wasn't looking for anything elite just something to type with and to game with for my everyday use. So I ended up getting at Razer Anasi keyboard and Razer DeathAdder mouse. I like both so far. I have a 30 day window to return them if I decide I don't want them. I probably won't be returning them since I do like them.

At least the guy I spoke with was a cool person and related to me and suggested those two pieces to me. And said it would be more then enough for me to game with and to use everyday. I hope I made a good choice today about going with Razer. I had the Logitech G510 keyboard and the Logitech G500 mouse in my hands but made a quick switch to get the Razer at the last second. So we'll see how it all turns out?
smile.gif
 

·
Storage Nut
Joined
·
21,138 Posts
Should have kept the $10 Logitech KB/M you had :/
 

·
VeeDub Enthusiast
Joined
·
4,542 Posts
i woulda grabbed the logitech combo (personally), as i have that exact combo since dec 2010, but hey, its all a personal preference, i dont like the feel of the razer products and had a bad experience with a keyboard from them... its a nice combo none the less if it suits your needs.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitman1985;15268458
i woulda grabbed the logitech combo (personally), as i have that exact combo since dec 2010, but hey, its all a personal preference, i dont like the feel of the razer products and had a bad experience with a keyboard from them... its a nice combo none the less if it suits your needs.
I have no regrets! I've always wanted a good gaming keyboard and mouse. So today I popped for both. And your right it's personal preference. I'm pretty happy with my choice.

The Logitech is a good combo just wasn't for me. The only con I had with it was the G500 mouse. It just didn't feel right in my palm as the Razer did.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,437 Posts
I don't know jack about that keyboard, but it's hard to go wrong with a DeathAdder, superb tracking and ergonomics.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,189 Posts
If you're going to spend that much on a keyboard, you at least should have looked at some mechanicals.
 

·
Storage Nut
Joined
·
21,138 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kz26;15269768
If you're going to spend that much on a keyboard, you at least should have looked at some mechanicals.
Those are loud and annoying.
 

·
Storage Nut
Joined
·
21,138 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by infodump
View Post

They're loud and amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lol, I like quiet and soft keys myself.
 

·
Music Producer
Joined
·
4,860 Posts
I would return the Anasi and get a different keyboard.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,023 Posts
Don't listen to the Razer bashing / mech KB loving comments.

I don't like mechanical KBs. I like flat, laptop style ones. Apple KBs suit me well, as does my Razer Lycosa (mirror ed.). The Razer KB works well, is comfortable, and I'm just as happy with it now as I was a year ago when I bought it.

If you like what you bought then they're good products.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
id personally have to say that i love my G500 mouse, probably the best mouse i have ever used, and i have used that Razor mouse, i mainly like the G500 because of the size of it(i have big hands), and the keyboard i have is the G110, its like the G510 without the screen but when im gaming i am looking at the monitor so i dont see the purpose of the G510 screen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
730 Posts
Agreed. Mech board would have been a much better option.

Mech boards are not all 'loud and annoying' and there are many out there with brown/black switches that are certainly not much louder than your rubber dome junk.

Yes, some are expensive and very 'niche' but there are others (hell, even razer's blackwidow stealth (browns) is a step up) out there that are not.

DA and G500 are actually decent mice - good for their price I would say, can't go wrong at that price point really.

Hope you enjoy your new set - it only matters what you think, we're all just here to press our own opinions
smile.gif
.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,174 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanWebster;15269790
Those are loud and annoying.
lol says the guy who has a DSLR. The shutter sound on a DSLR has always bothered me.
 

·
Storage Nut
Joined
·
21,138 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by The Mad Mule
View Post

lol says the guy who has a DSLR. The shutter sound on a DSLR has always bothered me.

Pffft



Quote:


Originally Posted by BeDuckie
View Post

Depending on which mechanical switch you choose, mechanicals can actually be quite silent- Cherry blacks or browns are virtually silent

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk


Quote:


Originally Posted by aesthetics1
View Post

Agreed. Mech board would have been a much better option.

Mech boards are not all 'loud and annoying' and there are many out there with brown/black switches that are certainly not much louder than your rubber dome junk.

Yes, some are expensive and very 'niche' but there are others (hell, even razer's blackwidow stealth (browns) is a step up) out there that are not.

DA and G500 are actually decent mice - good for their price I would say, can't go wrong at that price point really.

Hope you enjoy your new set - it only matters what you think, we're all just here to press our own opinions
.

Will look into that now lol, I'm interested.
 
1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top