Overclock.net banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
23% threw Tomb Raider on my g75vw laptop and now am tring to find the save game folder/folders for the game so that i can continue playing on my desktop to fully max the game out, Tressfx etc: I have looked in the obvious locations Square Enix folder in Program files and my documents to no avail.

Any idea where i can find these files? Thanks

·
Registered
40 Posts
look under C:\user\(yourusername)\appdata and look for a square enix folder. Unless you got the game on steam then you should be able to find it under steam apps

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have the game installed on my d:\ drive. Wasn't sure if this change anything for i looked under appdata on c:\ and d:\ and didn't find anything just empty folders and no square enix folder. Steam is also installed on my D:\ drive. I go into steam apps and find another folder called source mods which is also empty.. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Normaly even if you have it installed in the D: drive it still installs some stuff in the appdata folder. Did you buy the game from steam by the way??

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for you help.. I was able to find it. It was in my C:\Users\"myusername"\AppData\Local

Once i clicked into local i had to figure it out for myself from there. I say this because i might not have been truthful on where i got my copy so for those of you out there in the internet world this is the correct directory and you will have to show hidden files to see appdata.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Tomb Raider [2013] is a Steamworks title, meaning your saves are stored within 'Steam \ steamapps \ >user_id< \ 203160'.
Settings are stored within your registry, via the key: 'HKEY_CURRENT_USER \ Software \ Crystal Dynamics\ Tomb Raider \ Graphics'

As previously mentioned, it's a Steamworks title so the above paths are for all releases of the game.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Yea I wanted to start over but steam syncs your account every time you start the game so deleting the save games won't help. Moving them may work for you if you have steam installed in the primary drive on the desktop.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
833 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillOhio View Post

How is the game, btw?
Awesome.
Best Tomb Raider game ever made, which I guess isn't a massive achievement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selayan View Post

Yea I wanted to start over but steam syncs your account every time you start the game so deleting the save games won't help. Moving them may work for you if you have steam installed in the primary drive on the desktop.
You can either set Steam to not sync your saves or overwrite them while Steam is open; you'll be notified that your local saves don't match the cloud ones which you can either re-sync or use your local saves.

I'm pretty sure Tomb Raider has a 'New Game' option anyway.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneMatt View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillOhio View Post

How is the game, btw?
Awesome.
Best Tomb Raider game ever made, which I guess isn't a massive achievement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selayan View Post

You can either set Steam to not sync your saves or overwrite them while Steam is open; you'll be notified that your local saves don't match the cloud ones which you can either re-sync or use your local saves.

I'm pretty sure Tomb Raider has a 'New Game' option anyway.
Yeah it does I'll just have to use that instead.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

1 - 12 of 12 Posts