Overclock.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surprized by how fun this game is. It looks amazing on PC and runs smoothly. Great atmosphere ! I havent played for very long, into the Asian village area. Weapons are fun , and I like the upgrade system.

Giving this game a solid 8.5/10

·
Banned
847 Posts
Just played it for 30 min, mine crash on single screen 1920x1080. It only run on eyefinity 5670x1080 kinda weird tho...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Played for about 20 mins just getting the graphic settings right finally got it running at 40-50fps on ultra settings with tressFX off as knocking about 15fps off still looks great flame effects & atmosphere are very good even better got it for free with the Never settle reloaded deal so bargain
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
104 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bossman4 View Post

Anybody else notice that everytime it autosaves there's a delay? Or is it just me?
i don't have that problem, its seem to be ok here. only if i set my setting on ultra 1440p then framerate around 25-35 fps and it crashed when it autosave i think
now i am running on high setting ( 45-75 fps ) and so it seem that the game won't crash since.

·
Premium Member
8,884 Posts
Haven't played the game yet, just started testing the settings.

On High, TressFX OFF

LEAD Technologies Inc. V1.01

TressFX ON

The TressFX gimmick isn't worth a 20 FPS hit.

Gonna keep testing to see how much higher my settings can go, but will keep TressFX OFF for sure.

Ultra...

Average 65 FPS with VSync off.

·
Registered
685 Posts
I only get the delay when it does any kind of save/salvage. Moving tomb raider onto SSD to see if that fixes the issue.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I've played about 25% of the game so far with Nvidia 3D vision enabled and it looks amazing, I've had to scale the settings down though. If you're experiencing crashes i have read on other sites that disabling tessellation temporarily fixes that. Anyone else here tested TR with 3D vision?

·
Registered
685 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jommy999 View Post

I installed mine on SSD , maybe that will fix the issue for you
Just tried that and it still hangs for a couple seconds during ANY autosave. I know my CPU isn't bottlenecking it since its usage never gets above 60%. It really makes the game hard to play since its not fluid.

·
Registered
625 Posts
I've only played for like 30 minutes, and I can say so far it's pretty fun.

The graphics get a 7/10 from me. That's all I can rate for now.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Game runs great on my system most of the time but in the village area, it drops into the 40s. Everything on ultimate except tessellation off as it crashes nvidia gpus.

In fact there are certain areas where thw game drops into the 60s too. Very jarring as most of the time its locked at 120 hz.

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zkalra View Post

Game runs great on my system most of the time but in the village area, it drops into the 40s. Everything on ultimate except tessellation off as it crashes nvidia gpus.

In fact there are certain areas where thw game drops into the 60s too. Very jarring as most of the time its locked at 120 hz.
are you posting the same thing in 2 different threads?

·
Premium Member
15,765 Posts
One of the best games I played hands down.

Amazing graphics that even shine further on 1440p

Cool story

Nice cinematics.

There is not so much combat but the game is very very similar to Uncharted which is something that PC community was lacking.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.