Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

The 500R is available in two color combinations: graphite gray and arctic white. The 500R measures 20.5" x 8.1" x 20", supports ATX and mATX motherboards and is equipped with eight expansion slots. It features a front I/O panel with USB 3.0 (x 2), FireWire (x 1) and audio (x 2) ports, four exposed 5.25-inch bays, and removable 3.5-inch/2.5-inch drive cages. 500R can support up to a 17.5" graphics card with removal of a 3.5-inch/2.5-inch drive cage.

Source: Toms Hardware

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/Corsai...ews-36664.html

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
I know these are sub-100, but are these the air cooling type cases, with the 650/700/800D being more of the watercooling?

·
Premium Member
11,044 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by refeek
View Post

I know these are sub-100, but are these the air cooling type cases, with the 650/700/800D being more of the watercooling?

Watercooling is fine with cheaper solutions like that Corsair Hxx series, but anything more exotic like multi GPU watercooling with a couple of rads wouldn't be feasable. Although you wouldn't be buying a case at this price if you had that in mind.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by calavera
View Post

The black one has been available for a few weeks now.

That's the 400R. A step lower from the 500R and comes only in black.

·
Registered
2,647 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jmb2027
View Post

That's the 400R. A step lower from the 500R and comes only in black.

Yes, the 400r only comes in black.

However the black 500r has been available on newegg for some time.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Deacon
View Post

Id love a full tower based on that white one =(, corsair should release more full towers, Mid towers are just to small for me.

Interesting. What do you actually need the full tower for? I find myself thinking mid-tower is too large.

·
WaterCooler
4,270 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Try watercooling, and see how much space you get from your Mid-Case, I like clean and spacious builds, can't stand cramped builds.

Agreed.

For my current uses the 650D works fine, but if I ever did a multi GPU + CPU real water cooling setup, I'd find a full-tower.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Try watercooling, and see how much space you get from your Mid-Case, I like clean and spacious builds, can't stand cramped builds.

Yeah, watercooling takes up a lot of space. I was just wondering what you wanted a full tower for since you've got that Zalman and 2 HDDs. It seems to me that for even a lot of users on this site, they don't need more than a mini-tower. Micro-ATX with one card and maybe a sound card, and at most four HDDs. I don't doubt that full towers have their uses, they're just very niche and I didn't see why you'd need one from your sig rig.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Quote:

500R can support up to a 17.5" graphics card with removal of a 3.5-inch/2.5-inch drive cage.

...has there ever been such a thing besides complete daughter boards?? The biggest card I know of was the 4870x2 which was around 11.5 inches.

Really like the case, nice cable management. Wish it was a bit bigger but it's good to see Corsair making a range of their cases.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts