Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Waste of resources, completely unnecessary. There's nothing wrong with the PlayStation version of Final Fantasy VII. Playable on every single PS1, PS2 and PS3 out there, $10 on the PSN. I'd much rather see the years of work put into new games.

If I had to pick one to be remade though, it would be Final Fantasy IX. We've seen the sci-fi FF setting on recent consoles, we've seen Lost Odyssey's semi-old school look, but IX's steampunk-esque setting would be amazing at Final Fantasy XIII's level.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
To each his own I guess. To me I'd love to see it remade. I get all the fear that it could ruin it but it wouldn't matter. If they screw it up to bad guess what? There is still the original FFVII.

Honestly FFVII was the last good FF game imo. Well, 9 was pretty decent but 8, skip 9 and then starting with 10 they were all crap.

·
Registered
1,710 Posts
Could care less about a remake of VII, it's perfect the way it is.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hexa View Post
To each his own I guess. To me I'd love to see it remade. I get all the fear that it could ruin it but it wouldn't matter. If they screw it up to bad guess what? There is still the original FFVII.

Honestly FFVII was the last good FF game imo. Well, 9 was pretty decent but 8, skip 9 and then starting with 10 they were all crap.
I dunno about you but X was one of the best in the series.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
After playing FFXIII, I'm a bit disappointed. I would rather Square Enix be Squaresoft again and put their resources into making a Final Fantasy game worthy of it's predecessors. Here's hoping Versus XIII will be that.

I honestly would rather they keep FFVII in the past as it would probably wouldn't translate that well to today's standards. If there is a game that needs to be remade it would be Xenogears because they cut the budget of that game due to FFVIII (Anyone who played it will know what I'm talking about).

FF 1, 6, 7, 9, 10 are the best in the series, imo with VI ranking above the rest.

·
Registered
857 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Hephasteus View Post
There's something about that word final that they just aren't quite understanding.
Hahahahaha

·
Banned
15,763 Posts
Quote:

There's something about that word final that they just aren't quite understanding.
lawl
gave me a good laugh...

·
Banned
3,369 Posts
Quote:

Is it the remakes or the fact we're up to XVI or something that tipped you off?

·
Registered
987 Posts
I'd rather see VI or IX remade. XIII isn't too far off from VII anyway. Black guy with guns, main character is a hardass ex-soldier with a sword. Vanille = Aeris, totally.

I just want to see Kefka in HD.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vocality
View Post

I'd rather see VI or IX remade. XIII isn't too far off from VII anyway. Black guy with guns, main character is a hardass ex-soldier with a sword. Vanille = Aeris, totally.

I just want to see Kefka in HD.

I hate to say this, but I have to agree with the second statement you made. Once I saw Lightning's sword and Sazh's gun (despite the fact that it's not grafted into his arm), I immediately though of FF7.

I don't know much about Kefka, but I've heard he was one of the craziest Final Fantasy villains of the series.

That aside, was anyone else reminded of Irvine Kinneas (from FF8) when they first met Snow?

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
I'd love a remake of FFVII IF and only IF they stick to the original FF and not add all the emo**** of AC and the rest of the spinoffs.

Cloud in FFVII was NOT emo, he was an awesome guy with personality problems that can crossdress to save a friend, then she gets killed pus her corpse in a lake and 5 min later he's doing snowboarding like nothing happened.

Anyway I agree that a good remake of FFVI would make the best FF game EVER.

Quote:

Originally Posted by gallocs
View Post

That aside, was anyone else reminded of Irvine Kinneas (from FF8) when they first met Snow?

Snow = Seifer form KH2

·
Registered
276 Posts
IF anything other than a new game, I'd like to see a FF IX sequel and hope they don't bork it. I would love to see Burmecia in full 3d(I love the rain).

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
I agree with a remake of 6.

7 was perfect, you don't funk with perfection.
Or they could just remake final fantaxy x-2 and rename it "my bad"

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
remake 6 or 9, because I personally think FF7 and FF8 were awesome games, which should stay classics.

But I will say this, I would buy a FF7 remake, just because!

·
Registered
1,374 Posts
6 or Tactics if you ask me. Tactics was an AMAZING game, challenging, great story, detailed, complex, and it wasn't about just chargin in with swords swingin. 6 had an awesome story, lots of characters that all got developed, was abit steampunky mixed in with the high magic that came in later, and the world ending idea of it would look AWESOME on a ps3. Tactics in HD... dude.

·
Registered
656 Posts
Tactics.

Oh dear god yes. I would buy it in a heart beat.

But if they remade it, and did what they did with the Advance series (GBA), I will slaughter the whole dev team.

Freaking judge...

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
I quite seriously would pay a large sum of money for an FFVII remake so long as it was a PURELY COSMETIC overhaul. No messing with the dialogue, battle system, materia system, etc...

·
Registered
1,716 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jameschisholm
View Post

remake 6 or 9, because I personally think FF7 and FF8 were awesome games, which should stay classics.

But I will say this, I would buy a FF7 remake, just because!

totally agree with you there.

if they remake 6 (ff3 snes) then I would buy it in a heartbeat.

FF9 went back to its grassroots which is why I love it.

I dont know why people hate ff10 though. The story was epic and the gameplay was topnotch, definitely was one of the best in the series.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts