Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
A research team at the University of Illinois claims to have developed an ionic liquid to act as a catalyst when greenhouse gas emissions are converted to fuel.

Using the liquid, the scientists were able to dramatically reduce the energy needed to change carbon dioxide into carbon monoxide, which is the first step in turning emissions into fuels such as formic acid or methanol.
Source

·
Totally New to OCN
10,627 Posts
oh weet, thats pretty cool for sure - hopefully this will ACTUALLY be picke dup by some Non greedy company lol

Methanol eh? Im not familiar with that runs well on Methanol or what application Formic Acid has

I r Feel Dumb

·
Registered
943 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by StormX2;15290558
oh weet, thats pretty cool for sure - hopefully this will ACTUALLY be picke dup by some Non greedy company lol

Methanol eh? Im not familiar with that runs well on Methanol or what application Formic Acid has

I r Feel Dumb
Essentially, it can be used as a preservative, and in cleaning agents. It also has some laboratory applications as well.

Source: Wikipedia

·
Registered
795 Posts
When I read the title I read Liquid as Team Liquid from SC2 so I was like wait what?... God I play that game to much lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts