Overclock.net banner

[tomshardware] U.S. Retailer Lists Rocket Lake CPUs, Core i9-11900K For $599

7949 43
Milwaukee PC (via Harukaze5719), a retailer that has been around since 1988, has shared the pricing for Intel's 11th Generation Rocket Lake processors that will soon vie for a spot on our list of best CPUs for gaming. The company didn't reveal the launch date but did affirm that the new 14nm chips are coming soon, meaning they'll be new entries in our CPU Benchmark hierarchy soon.

Source: U.S. Retailer Lists Rocket Lake CPUs, Core i9-11900K For $599
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

· I <3 narcissists
7,101 Posts
Just checked Microcenter, 5600X $299.99, 5800x $449.00, 5950X $799.00 all in stock in store only. Not sure where you got those prices from.......
I feel like I stated pretty clearly the words "list price", not the price microcenter sells them for. The $299 price for the 5600 is $150 off list price, it's right there on the product page.

· Registered
867 Posts
I said I wouldn't buy another Intel Chip until they move off 14nm. Looks like the next CPUs are a bust as well.

125w vs 100w-ish on the AMD chips, the later runs cooler. And Intel has been putting bird doo doo under the lids of CPUs for nearly a decade now, pretty much anything past Sandy Bridge got bird doo doo under the lids. So there's an extra delid cost involved with Intel CPUs that you don't need to bother with on AMD chips because they don't put bird doo doo under the lids. Imagine bragging about an Intel I7 only running 72C during gaming on 240mm AIO? Hahahahaha. My Ryzen chip doesn't even stress test at those temps, on $30 air cooling with no delid. Intel can eat a bag of phallus meat.

· I <3 narcissists
7,101 Posts
I understand your feelings, but your information isn't correct. I don't know about the 11th gen processors but Intel went back to the STIM (soldered) on the 9th and 10th gen K processors. The power consumption is in two different leagues though, it's like comparing a hybrid with a non-hybrid.

You pay up front for the power consumption savings, but the cost can be offset with a cheaper cooler and electricity savings over time. Locally the 5600x is $80 more than the 11600k right now, makes it hard to choose if you already have a cooler that will work well enough for either. 45% more is a big number considering how similar the performance is.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.