Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

As we inch closer to Nvidia's official launch of Fermi next week, it's only natural that we start seeing more details leak out from OEM product partners.

We know that most of you are clamoring for more scrumptious box shots, but as a bonus today we've also come across on Chinese site Expreview (translated) some full-frontal pictures of XFX's GeForce GTX 480 and GTX 470 cards.

SOURCE

Sorry if already posted

·
Registered
251 Posts
that card looks wicked, the 480

·
Registered
1,085 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pillz Here
View Post

Such an ugly card.

I know right. The performance is totally dependant on looks.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by louze001
View Post

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tehrawk
View Post

I know right. The performance is totally dependant on looks.

Did I say anything about performance? I don't care if it wipes the floor with the 5970, it's still a butt ugly card.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
I would buy a 'MSI Big Bang Fusion' mainboard with the money it takes to buy a Fermi card. With what is left over, I could buy 8GBs of DDR3 and a copy of W7x64Pro. I could then take that Hydra Engine and match any ATi to Nvidia card, together, and straight smoke the performance of any topend Fermi or ATi card.

But only those who research get the best toys for their money!

·
Registered
1,066 Posts
Hope it performs better then it looks.

·
Registered
390 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by PDXMark View Post
I would buy a 'MSI Big Bang Fusion' mainboard with the money it takes to buy a Fermi card. With what is left over, I could buy 8GBs of DDR3 and a copy of W7x64Pro. I could then take that Hydra Engine and match any ATi to Nvidia card, together, and straight smoke the performance of any topend Fermi or ATi card.

But only those who research get the best toys for their money!
Yeah thoes Hydra are nice i wish they have a 6 PCI-E slots on one motherboard and have the hydra H600 on it. tri SLI and tri CF or any mix card.

I have a single PCI-E pos ECS 780G with a AMD965 that is waiting for the new XFX 480GTX. i still have a ECS 9800GTX and a XFX 6800GT was going to buy a ATI 5870 then till 480GTX come out i wasn't sure if i wanted a ATi i used to have a ATI back in the days it was a 600 XT and when BF2 came out that card was trash mad it for 4 months and seeing how much i paid for that card when the time was that thoes ati couldn't hang and then i never look back at ati. and now was going to look at Ati again sucks it still give me that feeling from the x600 XT to a 6800GT. if hydra going to AMD then that is the way to go for me i flip any motherboard for a hydra. been hearing about folding and adding physix support to the ati cards main video card in CF and alot more than just having SLi or CF support but multi video card support

i have been reading up on this hyrda for 2 yrs now. thanks for the info about that motherboard

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pillz Here View Post
Such an ugly card.
I actually like how it looks.

I just hate how it sounds, metallic grinding & loud, annoying/irritating.

·
Banned
4,703 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by linkin93
View Post

I thought XFX wasn't doing the GTX 400 series?

Where did it ever say that? it's been said they don't have cards on launch. Never that they aren't supporting the line.

·
GWAMM
2,015 Posts

·
Banned
4,703 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by HothBase
View Post

^^^

Again. Nothing is confirmed. I quote the article you think is relevant:

Quote:

According to our sources, those pictures were legit and the decision to avoid the GTX 400 series for the time being was made only within the last few days.

That doesn't confirm that XFX are avoiding Fermi altogether. Just that they won't be supporting them from launch.

·
GWAMM
2,015 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kryten View Post
Again. Nothing is confirmed. I quote the article you think is relevant:

That doesn't confirm that XFX are avoiding Fermi altogether. Just that they won't be supporting them from launch.
But why would they want to skip the the GTX 470/480 for now in order to release them later?
Also, the article clearly says:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HardwareCanucks
In our conversations with them regarding this subject, it has become clear that XFX will not be releasing any GTX 480 or GTX 470 cards.
I believe they'll probably support the GF100-series, but 470/480? Nope.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts