Overclock.net banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the new rig you can see down below. I have a 250 gb HDD, yet when I installed Windows, and was to choose the partitions I wanted, it said I only had about 134 gb available to format. How is this possible? I know this is probably a noob question, that's probably easily sovled, but I can't seem to find out what is causing this... A friend of mine had the same problem with his HDD, and he got rid of it, but he doesn't remember/know how he did it, but is advicing me to try and reformat. I'm probably gonna try that, if I get no other ideas from you guys, but I'd rather not... I'm too lazy to reinstall all the drivers again, especially as I'm not even sure that a new format would even solve my problem...

Thanks in advance,
SjamPe

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
get a low level format for it....a PATA HD, unless it is formatted using a dedicated formatting tool, will only register as about half of itself if it is aboutve 100GB

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info guys, found out how to do the formatting, without loosing anything... you learn something new every day

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.