Overclock.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,460 Posts
Whats the amp rating for the 12v rail? It will be marked on the side of the psu.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
oh dear, that site says i need a 389W psu. the amp rating for the 12V rail is 17A.

so what psu do u reckon i should get?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,077 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by elmarko99

oh dear, that site says i need a 389W psu. the amp rating for the 12V rail is 17A.

so what psu do u reckon i should get?

Are you experiencing sudden reboots ? Do you want to overclock your system ?
If the answer is no to both questions above then you shouldn't necessarily feel compelled to buy a new psu.
Unless you have a crappy brand and you want to get something solid.
Check the "Sunbeam nuuo 550"
Also check the Antec "TruePower 2.0 TP2-550"
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,732 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by busa

24 amps on the 12v rail should do ya fine.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...ATTR9=&ATTR10=
Any one of these should work.

Ya know, it's funny that you have that Vortec psu in the list because I was looking at that the other day. I've never seen anything good or bad about it, but it's the only power supply I've ever seen that has a LIFETIME warranty
Either they're extremely confident of it's ability or they're assuming most will toss it if it breaks and won't use the warranty. Has anyone ever used one or have a friend that has?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,448 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by sccr64472

Ya know, it's funny that you have that Vortec psu in the list because I was looking at that the other day. I've never seen anything good or bad about it, but it's the only power supply I've ever seen that has a LIFETIME warranty
Either they're extremely confident of it's ability or they're assuming most will toss it if it breaks and won't use the warranty. Has anyone ever used one or have a friend that has?

I just read a couple reviews on it and it seems to be a good psu. It does sound like the Finish and casing could be better made...but performance should be good.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,775 Posts
The Sunbeam NUUO's are rock solid. This thing takes anything I throw at it, I HIGHLY recommmend them.

But, if your only doing mild overclocking, I would say your PSU is fine BUT, I would upgrade to proof you for future upgrades


A good PSU is always the first thing I buy
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,332 Posts
Wattage means very little in a psu 12volt amps are the important factor at least 17amps or better, the psu that krunk suggested is a very good one and affordable
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,775 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by jrabb1920

Wattage means very little in a psu 12volt amps are the important factor at least 17amps or better, the psu that krunk suggested is a very good one and affordable

Yeah, I think paid 65 dollars for it


Good looking PSU as well and it's nVidia SLi certified
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Can those sunbeam nuuos take SLI geforce 7800 GTX 512 w/ the new AMD Athlon FX-60? I checked the site and it tells me at 100% utilization, I need like 568W.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,077 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by DeMOn-X

Can those sunbeam nuuos take SLI geforce 7800 GTX 512 w/ the new AMD Athlon FX-60? I checked the site and it tells me at 100% utilization, I need like 568W.

Check this to get an idea about the SLI geforce 7800 GTX 512 power consumption.
Check this and this for the AMD Athlon FX-60 power consumption.

Quote:


As for the thermal and electrical characteristics of the new Athlon 64 FX-60 in idle mode, I would like to stress here that this processor supports Cool'n'Quiet technology. In idle mode this processor can slow down to 1.2GHz clock speed and drop the Vcore to 1.1V. In this case the power consumption reduces to 8.5W

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
14,732 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by DeMOn-X

Can those sunbeam nuuos take SLI geforce 7800 GTX 512 w/ the new AMD Athlon FX-60? I checked the site and it tells me at 100% utilization, I need like 568W.

How do you plan on buying 2 512? I haven't seen a store have any for quite some time and when they do, they're overpriced. You'd be better off buying two 1900xtx or waiting for the new Nvidia. Don't pay $1,500 bucks for something that's simply not worth. You can get faster and save yourself $400 by going with the 1900s. It's your money, but it simply doesn't make sense. I mean, even if you had to buy a new board, you'd still come out way ahead AND have something faster. Heck, you'd even have enough left over to water cool those babies.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
After reading those articles about the power consumption... I'm kind of more concerned than I was before. Makes me feel like i need a 700W power supply just to be safe... O.O

As for the 512s, I was going to wait about a month until I return home, and if they were still out of stock, I was going to get the 256 equivalents and save 500 dollars or so... I will keep the 1900XTX in mind though. Actually I'll look it up right now...

I like this positive feedback
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Ok I finished reading up on the x1900... and now I have to find a crossfire mobo... ARGH! I'm going to get the XT and OC it, but the variations on crossfire mobos are at an all time low compared to SLI...
>.>
la la la
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top