·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Top 3 Liquid Cooling for Iniel i5 2500K CPU's

Noctua
Corsair
??

Im looking for a different CPU cooling for my I5 since i dont like the locks intel provides...

Anything from low budget to a high end is interesting so shoot
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
544 Posts
I'm using the Antec H2O 620 with two Scythe GentleTyphoon fans. It's dead silent and runs very cool! I just have to nitpick about the installation procedures and the brackets. It could be far easier than they designed it but it is far from the worst. Much better than the hair-pulling experiences I've had with Intel coolers.
smile.gif

·
...when you walked in
6,439 Posts
Custom loop?.. or a Rasa kit?

True water cooling will blow those prebuilt things out of the water. IF you want "top" then you have to go true water cooling. If you are simply doing CPU only, you won't need anything more than a RS240 kit. They are just a little more than those Corsair H100's too.

RS240: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11743/ex-wat-159/XSPC_Rasa_750_RS240_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_-HOT.html

Or if you wanted to do some GPU's in the loop as well I'd look into either a RX360 or it'd be even better to build a custom loop.

RX360: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14183/ex-wat-182/XSPC_Rasa_750_RX360_Universal_CPU_Triple_Radiator_Water_Cooling_Kit_w_RX360_Radiator.html

Of course if you don't want to build your own.. I suppose H100 is probably at the top of the list of the prebuilt systems.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hmm indeed XSPC Looks awesome but the hardpart for me is that in norway those who import and sell pc stuffs doesent import the good stuff..meaning i cant get a hold off XSPC couse the dealer wotn ship it to norway -.-

·
Registered
183 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathswk View Post

Hmm indeed XSPC Looks awesome but the hardpart for me is that in norway those who import and sell pc stuffs doesent import the good stuff..meaning i cant get a hold off XSPC couse the dealer wotn ship it to norway -.-
Seems to me that the frozencpu deliver to norway too

·
Registered
298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by iinversion View Post

Custom loop?.. or a Rasa kit?
True water cooling will blow those prebuilt things out of the water. IF you want "top" then you have to go true water cooling. If you are simply doing CPU only, you won't need anything more than a RS240 kit. They are just a little more than those Corsair H100's too.
RS240: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/11743/ex-wat-159/XSPC_Rasa_750_RS240_Universal_CPU_Water_Cooling_Kit_-HOT.html
Or if you wanted to do some GPU's in the loop as well I'd look into either a RX360 or it'd be even better to build a custom loop.
RX360: http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14183/ex-wat-182/XSPC_Rasa_750_RX360_Universal_CPU_Triple_Radiator_Water_Cooling_Kit_w_RX360_Radiator.html
Of course if you don't want to build your own.. I suppose H100 is probably at the top of the list of the prebuilt systems.
The difference between the RX360 and RS240 is the ability to add a loop to GPU's later?

·
...when you walked in
6,439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotskil View Post

The difference between the RX360 and RS240 is the ability to add a loop to GPU's later?
Yes. The RS240 has a 240 normal sized radiator which can cool the CPU and something else that is small (ex: northbridge). The RX360 has a thick 360 sized radiator designed for cooling multiple things (cpu, 2x gpu's).

You can add GPU's onto the RS240.. but the cooling won't be sufficient as it would with an RX360.

·
Banned
206 Posts
I run my [email protected] 24-7 on air with a Hyper 212 Plus, it's a great cooler as long as your case fits it. I'm in a Antec 300 which is tiny and it fits fine. Temps are in the 56-60C range 60% load 100% load around 62-68C. Saved a ton of money going the air route.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts