Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/2757472?

searched the leaderboards and mine is the top score for AMD cpu + 7970 crossfire, but still WAY behind the top intel + 7970 setup lol
redface.gif

makes me consider selling my AMD board and cpu and go intel. sad, because I have been using AMD since 96 lol!

·
Registered
3,660 Posts
While I don't necessarily know why (not a programmer), I know that some benches favor either Intel or AMD (more often Intel which is probably due to lack of threading because of stronger single thread performance). If benching is your thing, and it really matters to you that you compete in firestrike, sure, get an Intel cpu. If all you do is play games and or aren't incredibly sensitive with seconds and minutes when using it for productivity software that runs better on Intel, then don't bother, save your money you won't see a huge difference IMO.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersakiller View Post

Looks like u need a core i7
smile.gif
I have been considering it but I don't think it would be worth it just for a few fps that I might not even see lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultracarpet View Post

While I don't necessarily know why (not a programmer), I know that some benches favor either Intel or AMD (more often Intel which is probably due to lack of threading because of stronger single thread performance). If benching is your thing, and it really matters to you that you compete in firestrike, sure, get an Intel cpu. If all you do is play games and or aren't incredibly sensitive with seconds and minutes when using it for productivity software that runs better on Intel, then don't bother, save your money you won't see a huge difference IMO.
It does seem that benchmarks prefer nvidia or intel over amd
frown.gif
but games play pretty good on my system, most games I can max settings on 1080p and get 60+ frames per second so I think ill stick with AMD for the time being.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by reapersakiller View Post

Nothing bad about amd.. just overclock it to 4.6 to 5ghz and its faster then a stock core i7 4770k
mines been stable at 5ghz. I didnt know it was faster than that thank you for the info. I still thought it was just simply inferior to the intel lineup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts