Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I mostly play games that have randomly generated content.
So far I've played:

Heroes of Might & Magic 3 & 5 (I don't remember 1, 2 & 4, 6 doesn't have).
Terraria
Minecraft
Dungeons of Dredmor
Hellgate
Worms series
The Binding of Isaac
Diablo series and similar ARPG games.
A Walley Without Wind 1 & 2
Towns
Don't Starve
FTL

Any other suggestions?
I'm especially interested in games that are coming soon(ish) and games that look somewhat acceptable.

·
Registered
78 Posts
its really old now but free, the elder scrolls daggerfel. the map size is twice england and is randomly generated. its free and im sure its moddable to improve graphics

·
Banned
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting, there is a mod that updates the graphics.
Are there any newer games though? Or something that is coming soon?

·
Premium Member
15,004 Posts
Empire Earth 2 generated the scenario on the fly, but I'm not sure if you're interested on RTS.

Nevertheless, it is a truly excellent strategy game. One of my all time favorites to be honest.

·
Banned
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't mind RTS games although there should be a lot of variety.

It's a pity there aren't more games with randomly generated content :/

·
Premium Member
7,990 Posts
Frozen Synapse, and be sure to get the Red DLC, because the population on the original game is pretty low. It's turn-based strategy with a clean look, you randomly generate a level (You have a lot of control over the random generation seed too, if you want) every time you start up a game with another player. It's one of those games where you pop in to the lobby and offer to play a few matches to people, and if your playstyle meshes well you add them as a friend and can start experimenting with the customizable game styles. Even better if you already have friends you can jump in the game with.

Best part: You submit a turn, and it goes to the server where the outcome is decided. You can log off, go walk the dog, buy groceries, whatever, while your opponent is doing the same or getting their turn ready, and come back. If your opponent has submitted his turn you'll see it play out and then can make your next turn. Your opponent doesn't have to be logged on for you to submit a turn and vice versa. It's a complete play-on-your-time style of game.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts