Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im building my first computer, and Im a bit stuck.....which processor should I get??!
I did a search of top ten on google....and the AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+, 2.2 GHz came in on top. Here's the link if anyone is interested on the others, http://www.epinions.com/Processors/show_~top_sellers
what do you guys think is the best, if money is no issue of course!
also...I hear dual processors suck at gaming? is that a theory?! or fact?
any comments?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
i would suggest (though i dont own it yet but going to in very very short time) an AMD FX 60....seems after exhausting research to be the best for oc and gaming....and when i say gaming i mean long term too..face it dual core is here to stay and game companies will ride it..so expect ur games to be dual cored soon....

btw, i think that page is a bit old...dont see no pressler 930 nor amd fx60 included there....

·
Premium Member
4,833 Posts
The FX-60 is the best, but you better be ready to throw down some green.

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
Insanely powerful though the FX60 is, I don't see it being worth the grand AMD wants for it.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
thats why i am choosing to ACT smart (not being smart) by waiting for a short period longer b4 i dump the money....i heard that there should be some price cut this week or something...but i dont think the FX60 is dropping unless AM2 is released...

·
Registered
355 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RyGuy1788

The FX-60 is the best, but you better be ready to throw down some green.

Right now, the fx57 is still king.

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks,
I think im going to go with the X2 4400+,
I just need something that can handle any kind of multimedia and play some games every once in a while, and even both at the same time!...i can just imagine it...burning a DVD, while downloading music, and editing a video while rendering in image...and still check on my final fantasy character to see if im still alive! ohhh the posibilities!!

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
No I think the FX 60 is the new king.....Its superfast and is dual-core which will begin to become useful soon in games.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts