Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whenever i have Azureus running it takes up nearly all of my bandwidth.

its understandible when i have 200kb/s downloads but even when its seeding with about 10kb/s upload speed, my internet is hugely slow.

why does it take bandwidth it shouldnt be using?

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Torrents saturate your connection. Upload and download, that's what the torrent protocol was meant to do.

Azureus is also known to be resource hungry, usually because it uses Java.

Are you using a router? Some routers will keep track of incoming and outgoing connections for too long, even after they've disconnected.

I suggest you switch to utorrent. At least give it a shot. http://utorrent.com

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by thenut View Post
Torrents saturate your connection. Upload and download, that's what the torrent protocol was meant to do.

Are you using a router? Some routers will keep track of incoming and outgoing connections for too long, even after they've disconnected.

I suggest you switch to utorrent. At least give it a shot. http://utorrent.com
does that mean its not able to stop it using so much bandwidth?

yea im on a wireless network

i have 2mb cable.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I used to use Azureus but stopped because I had the same problem of it keeping me from doing almost anything on the interweb. I use Utorrent now and from my experience it's a lot better about balancing fast download speeds and letting me browse.

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by nightdagger View Post
I used to use Azureus but stopped because I had the same problem of it keeping me from doing almost anything on the interweb. I use Utorrent now and from my experience it's a lot better about balancing fast download speeds and letting me browse.
I'll take a look at Utorrent ;P

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i've just got Utorrent and its downloading the same files alot faster than Azur so i think i'll stick with Utorrent for now

·
Registered
34 Posts
Utorrent is by far the best Torrent program out there. Very user friendly and the bandwidth usage is fairly easily controlled on it...compared to some of the other Torrent programs out there.

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
You can also cap your download speed as well, to save a bit of internet bandwith for browsing, instead of using it all tward bittornet files.

·
Premium Member
6,669 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
:S my downloads are no higher than 10kb/s

i have uploading limited to 100b/s why are they so slow?

i have the all the correct ports forwarded

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
WEll at least you can connect, ever since i built this new computer I cant even connect to any torrent. It wouldnt let me connect to anythign for a while then i got limewire working. I went as far to even un-installing my firewalls and still didint work. Anyone have any ideas at all? My ISP doesnt block them I know

1 - 16 of 16 Posts