Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I did yesterday buy a new Toshiba c55-b5299 notebook from Office Depot for $220. Now my question is that how do I open the back lid so I can put a 8GB DDR3L ram? I' am sorta a computer geek so I have upgraded rams before but for some reason it says on the site that its not user upgradeable. Does this mean that just by taking screws out won't take off the lid easily? Also need to know which screws is for removing the lid or bottom cover. Or am I not suppose to do this myself and have to take it to a tech like Geek Squad or DIT corp?

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
They could be buried under the keyboard, my laptop has 2x accessible underneath and two that are difficult to get to. You probably can, could just be pain to get to and requires you to remove alot.

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/Satellite-Laptops-all-other/Satellite-C55-B5299-RAM-Upgrade/m-p/618033/highlight/true#M23415

Try reading that for more info, seems doable but you'll be limited to 4 or 8GB single dimm and have to use "PC3L-12800 1.35 volt CL11" low voltage ram.

We got my dad a Toshiba C55-A5105 a while back when they were doing a deal at BB and I thought I was able to give him my additional 4GB ram stick but even though the ram slot was easily accessible, it only had 1 slot w/ max being 8GB. Sucks but thats how they get you with limited upgradability.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I can say Toshiba's newer notebooks are made thinner and lighter but you cant remove the memory as easy seems like. I might have to remove all the screws but I wanted to know which one is the right one for just removing the whole led. There is not led for just the memory like the older series C55D for example.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts