Overclock.net banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi looking for answers to a couple of questions about my laptop.
First its a Toshiba Satellite S875D-S7239 17.3"
CPU:AMD A10 4600M 2.3GHz(3.2GHZ with Turbo Technology)
GPU:AMD Radoen HD7660G
RAM:6GB PC3-12800 1600MHz (16GB Max)
HDD:750GB
First question is how can I manually overclock the CPU? I tried AMD Overdrive but it wouldn't work. I suspect that Toshiba locked such things out as all the AMD utilities I tried won't work and there's nothing in the BIOS to allow such tweaking. I don't want to exceed the specs of 3.2GHz I just want to manually control it. I may need a new driver for my CPU and GPU to get it to work but to honest my kung-fu is weak and I don't want to screw up this rig,weak it may be in comparison to others.

Second is what would be a good brand of RAM that would be compatible with my set up? I'm looking for performance.Right now I'm looking at the Corsair Vengeance but am wondering about this at the bottom of the page:

"System requirements

Any PC or notebook which accepts standard DDR3 SODIMMs
A 2nd Generation Intel Core i5 or i7 processor is required for Vengeance memory to run at its maximum rated speed"

Does that mean it wouldn't be as fast on an AMD system?

I game on this system,so far it plays Battlefield 3 on Ultra (minus AA),Skyrim on Ultra and I plan on playing Planetside 2 Which calls for 8GB of RAM.The GPU has 512mb of dedicated VRAM and uses system RAM (up to 3GBs) dynamically as VRAM.That's why I'm looking for performance with the RAM.On idle my system is using 1.5-1.65GBs of RAM.Since some games call for 4GB of system RAM well that isn't leaving a whole lot for the GPU to use.I know this isn't ideal way to go about gaming as shared memory sucks for gaming,but on a budget it was what I could get.I want to go ahead and put the Max amount of RAM in but am looking for the best possible preferrably lower price but it doesn't matter that much.
Any Help would be appreciated

1 - 1 of 1 Posts