Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
Yes, as long as you have a mini toslink adapter for the PC, which I would imagine your sound card came with. If not, you can get them on the cheap.

LL

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by yellowtoblerone View Post
Most motherboards since 775 sockets all have toslink outs now. yeah will work fine.
I'd imagine he'll be using the ASUS sound card in his sig rig, which I'm pretty sure he'll need the adapter for.

• Rep+
Reactions: GanjaSMK

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys!

Kaldari, that's ASUS onboard sound (VIA)! No mini adapter needed!
But I bought a cord at Radio Shack instead of waiting for shipping - funny thing is that the cable I bought at Radio Shack looks exactly like the cable in the picture, but was $12.99 instead of $1.98
! Figures!

I'll likely order the cable from MonoPrice and return this one.

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GanjaSMK View Post
Thanks guys!

Kaldari, that's ASUS onboard sound (VIA)! No mini adapter needed!
But I bought a cord at Radio Shack instead of waiting for shipping - funny thing is that the cable I bought at Radio Shack looks exactly like the cable in the picture, but was $12.99 instead of $1.98
! Figures!

I'll likely order the cable from MonoPrice and return this one.
If it isn't mini, any toslink cable will work then.

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, it's all hooked up for about a half hour now, working well. Have to hookup the rest of my 5.1 to the back end of this receiver and listen to it versus the analog Creative 5.1 setup I have from 2001.... I'm betting the sound will be much nicer!

·
Premium Member
5,750 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GanjaSMK View Post
Yeah, it's all hooked up for about a half hour now, working well. Have to hookup the rest of my 5.1 to the back end of this receiver and listen to it versus the analog Creative 5.1 setup I have from 2001.... I'm betting the sound will be much nicer!
Nice!

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hooked up the 5.1 surround and with the digital link it's really much nicer sounding. I'm impressed. Should have done this a long time ago!

·
Premium Member
9,719 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I can definitely say that the receiver hooked up sounds about 100% better than the Creative Inspire 5300 set I had hooked up (analog). And using it to power the headphones I just purchased makes it much more enjoyable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts