Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is totally off topic in a way. I have a dell E772c 17" monitor and i was wondering if it would be able to run a game at 800x600 @ 100hz refresh rate. Ive been looking around and can't find it. I have the lateset drivers for monitor but dont want to try it without knowing because if it doesnt work, then i have to go through the safe mode start-up etc. Anyways i have a p4 2.8 E HT, Lanparty pro 875b rev. b, 1 gb kingston pc3200 400mhz, nvidia geforce fx 5700 ultra 128mb, 160 gb maxtor hd with 8mb chache, 120 gb wd 8mb chache. I overclocked my proccesor to 3.19 and have absollutely no prolems, but iw ant it hight. do you think it can go higher. I haev changed any settings except the actualy number. if i want to go higher, would i have to do anything else besides change th enumber to make sure it works ok or doesnt crash. Please, an idiot proff guide for me please.
P.S. i did lock the ram settings on the lowest settings, i do remember doing that.

·
Banned
1,028 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by sprtsplyr3189

This is totally off topic in a way. I have a dell E772c 17" monitor and i was wondering if it would be able to run a game at 800x600 @ 100hz refresh rate. Ive been looking around and can't find it. I have the lateset drivers for monitor but dont want to try it without knowing because if it doesnt work, then i have to go through the safe mode start-up etc. Anyways i have a p4 2.8 E HT, Lanparty pro 875b rev. b, 1 gb kingston pc3200 400mhz, nvidia geforce fx 5700 ultra 128mb, 160 gb maxtor hd with 8mb chache, 120 gb wd 8mb chache. I overclocked my proccesor to 3.19 and have absollutely no prolems, but iw ant it hight. do you think it can go higher. I haev changed any settings except the actualy number. if i want to go higher, would i have to do anything else besides change th enumber to make sure it works ok or doesnt crash. Please, an idiot proff guide for me please.
P.S. i did lock the ram settings on the lowest settings, i do remember doing that.

this should be in other hardware section... and it all matters on the type of monitor, search google on how much damage your monitor can take and don't put it at too high of a reso, you could end up damaging the monitor itself.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrSmiley

this should be in other hardware section... and it all matters on the type of monitor, search google on how much damage your monitor can take and don't put it at too high of a reso, you could end up damaging the monitor itself.

I want ro run it at 800X600 on @100hz but dont know if i can. And like i said, i have looked. please anwser my two questions somebody else. Just dont want you guys to forget there are two questions there.

and how do i enter an image in this white box here, i want to show you guys hwat the cpu-z program gave me in a bmp

1 - 3 of 3 Posts