Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to begin, I apologize in advance for my noob questions as I have no idea how to shop for a router...hence why I came here ;]
I currently own an AT&T Motorola NVG510 router and am using a Netgear WN111 wireless USB adapter. Lately, I have been experiencing constant signal drops and slow speeds...I'm ready to upgrade my router / modem and my wireless adapter. I just don't know where to start!

Any tips? Sorry if this was vague and I can answer any questions to the best of my abilities.
Thank you!

·
Registered
857 Posts
Depends on how much you want to spend, amount of users, bandwidth speed, support for peripherals and other features.
All i can say is if you've got a medium sized place and more than a couple people using the WiFi avoid the N150 routers.

If signal is your issue, look for something that can have a couple or more antennas attached.
Make sure you know what youre buying too, a Modem Router allows you to plug the phone line in it, however a Router will require you to bridge a modem.

Personally, ive got a crappy Netgear N150 modem router from my provider, but ive turned the WiFi off and bridged it to a TP Link N750 Wireless Dual Band Gigabit Router, which handles all the Wifi, file server, print server, etc..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts