Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys long times, sorry haven't been around in while so I'm dealing if not the most difficult problem on my pc.

Long story short my pc decided to do only "half" internet, as in i will go on YouTube and it will load half of the site, I go to yahoo it looks like I'm in 1998 menu, I've done almost everything I can think of, last resort I did a full reinstall of windows and same problem, like I ping Google Np getting 10ms response time but any website its same story as in half page load.

I factory reset modem, same. I thought it was some messed up registry because I use VPN allot, silly things anyways.

After the the fresh windows install and I try installing chipset drivers from Nvidia and it's just stuck on the screen frozen with the initial pre launch graphic.

Thanks in advencd folks!

-snipe

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I figured it out anyways, my Lan adapter on mobo is shot so I bought pcie nic card and it worked. Jeeez mobo couldn't even last 2 years like come on msi.

·
Premium Member
3,562 Posts
Is it replaceable? Possible you may be able to repair it yourself but swapping in a new one

·
Graphics Junkie
3,114 Posts
Well I figured it out anyways, my Lan adapter on mobo is shot so I bought pcie nic card and it worked. Jeeez mobo couldn't even last 2 years like come on msi.
Did you try reinstalling the driver for the mobo network adapter?

You could prolly RMA the board.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did you try reinstalling the driver for the mobo network adapter?

You could prolly RMA the board.
Yes one of the first things I tried even did bios update, what's messed up is when I downloaded the chipset drivers the installation kept on freezing no matter what I tried. And I mean after a full windows wipe and still same thing kinda gave it away.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Is it replaceable? Possible you may be able to repair it yourself but swapping in a new one
You can't really solder off the rj45 port and the Lan chip on the mobo lol. I'm just baffled how it happened tbh I think my modem had something to do with the shorting it out, 8 would rma it if it had warranty left on it, i missed it by 2 months of expiry lol

·
Graphics Junkie
3,114 Posts
You can't really solder off the rj45 port and the Lan chip on the mobo lol. I'm just baffled how it happened tbh I think my modem had something to do with the shorting it out, 8 would rma it if it had warranty left on it, i missed it by 2 months of expiry lol
I think he was probably wondering if it might be a laptop which usually don't have integrated network adapters.

Sounds like the only option other than using a PCI card is RMA.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think he was probably wondering if it might be a laptop which usually don't have integrated network adapters.

Sounds like the only option other than using a PCI card is RMA.
My warranty literly ran out 2 months ago lmao. Like I had gigabyte mobo before this build for over 10 years never an issue. Prob gonna grab an asus mobo. Ans msi tech support is rude.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts