Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, I went to the site and read the directions but I am still a little lost about one thing and I want to make sure I get it right. For the Tower112 there are 2 different shims, 1 neoprene and 1 plastic film, but the instructions just say to align the "H insulator" with the screw holes on the back of the mobo. Which one should I be using? My gut tells me it should be the neoprene first, the sheet second and then the metal bracket but I don't want to play with this. Which way should it be?

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bindusar

Ok, I went to the site and read the directions but I am still a little lost about one thing and I want to make sure I get it right. For the Tower112 there are 2 different shims, 1 neoprene and 1 plastic film, but the instructions just say to align the "H insulator" with the screw holes on the back of the mobo. Which one should I be using? My gut tells me it should be the neoprene first, the sheet second and then the metal bracket but I don't want to play with this. Which way should it be?

Here you go. The soft one first, then the metal.

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by aznchowboy650

wow you got a tower 112 heard that thing is heavy

I don't move my rig around and everyone who has one has said that the brackets do an excellent job supporting it.

Now if I could only get my mouse to work...

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

I don't move my rig around and everyone who has one has said that the brackets do an excellent job supporting it.

Now if I could only get my mouse to work...

Did you finally put it on ???

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

Did you finally put it on ???

No, not yet. I have this very irritating mouse issue at the moment...none will work on my rig. So unitl I get that straightened out I am not going to tear anything apart. When I do it will be the new HS, the new OCZ Powerstream and all new 80mm/52 CFM fans (8 of them). The mouse thing started when I plugged in my camera to upload pics for you to see what shims I meant. There are 2 plastic H insulators and 2 metal H plates. The directions just say the H-insulator and never talk about the fact that there is a different second plastic shim. That's what had me confused. It looks like they are showing the thick foam insulator, so what is the thin plastic one for?

If you have a moment and haven't read it already check out this thread for my rodent problem. Maybe you can help.
http://www.overclock.net/showthread.php?threadid=12571

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here are the pictures of the two shims in question...see how the one on the left is thick and the one on the right is thin? I am guessing they want the thick foam against the board and the thin hard plastic between the 1st and the metal plate. NE1 know if that is right/wrong/doesn't matter?

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Quote:

Here are the pictures of the two shims in question...see how the one on the left is thick and the one on the right is thin? I am guessing they want the thick foam against the board and the thin hard plastic between the 1st and the metal plate. NE1 know if that is right/wrong/doesn't matter?

that is correct....the foam goes on first ....then the thin plastic one...then the metal "H" plate...i have the silent tower and it is basically the same thing.

• Rep+
Reactions: Bindusar

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by busa190

that is correct....the foam goes on first ....then the thin plastic one...then the metal "H" plate...i have the silent tower and it is basically the same thing.

Thanks for the confirmation! Reps to you!

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Quote:

Thanks for the confirmation! Reps to you!

always glad to help...

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
After a fully day of assembly...WOOT!!!

Tower112 in and functioning well...12°C drop in load temps!!!

Now with my faithful OCZ PSU it is time to start playing! I really can't believe I was even able to OC at all with the PSU I had...that Raidmax 420W has a killer 13A on the single 12V rail!

Thanks to everyone who once again helped as always with the little bumps I hit.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Quote:

After a fully day of assembly...WOOT!!!

Tower112 in and functioning well...12°C drop in load temps!!!

Now with my faithful OCZ PSU it is time to start playing! I really can't believe I was even able to OC at all with the PSU I had...that Raidmax 420W has a killer 13A on the single 12V rail!

Thanks to everyone who once again helped as always with the little bumps I hit.

WOW....13 amps ......lmao.....chuck that pos.....
congrats on the temps.......i dropped almost 20 degrees under load.....58-60 down to 42-43 with my silent tower...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.