Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I went to the site and read the directions but I am still a little lost about one thing and I want to make sure I get it right. For the Tower112 there are 2 different shims, 1 neoprene and 1 plastic film, but the instructions just say to align the "H insulator" with the screw holes on the back of the mobo. Which one should I be using? My gut tells me it should be the neoprene first, the sheet second and then the metal bracket but I don't want to play with this. Which way should it be?

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bindusar

Ok, I went to the site and read the directions but I am still a little lost about one thing and I want to make sure I get it right. For the Tower112 there are 2 different shims, 1 neoprene and 1 plastic film, but the instructions just say to align the "H insulator" with the screw holes on the back of the mobo. Which one should I be using? My gut tells me it should be the neoprene first, the sheet second and then the metal bracket but I don't want to play with this. Which way should it be?

Here you go. The soft one first, then the metal.

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

I don't move my rig around and everyone who has one has said that the brackets do an excellent job supporting it.

Now if I could only get my mouse to work...

Did you finally put it on ???

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Evil XP2400

Did you finally put it on ???

No, not yet. I have this very irritating mouse issue at the moment...none will work on my rig. So unitl I get that straightened out I am not going to tear anything apart. When I do it will be the new HS, the new OCZ Powerstream and all new 80mm/52 CFM fans (8 of them). The mouse thing started when I plugged in my camera to upload pics for you to see what shims I meant. There are 2 plastic H insulators and 2 metal H plates. The directions just say the H-insulator and never talk about the fact that there is a different second plastic shim. That's what had me confused. It looks like they are showing the thick foam insulator, so what is the thin plastic one for?

If you have a moment and haven't read it already check out this thread for my rodent problem. Maybe you can help.
http://www.overclock.net/showthread.php?threadid=12571

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Here are the pictures of the two shims in question...see how the one on the left is thick and the one on the right is thin? I am guessing they want the thick foam against the board and the thin hard plastic between the 1st and the metal plate. NE1 know if that is right/wrong/doesn't matter?

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Quote:

Here are the pictures of the two shims in question...see how the one on the left is thick and the one on the right is thin? I am guessing they want the thick foam against the board and the thin hard plastic between the 1st and the metal plate. NE1 know if that is right/wrong/doesn't matter?

that is correct....the foam goes on first ....then the thin plastic one...then the metal "H" plate...i have the silent tower and it is basically the same thing.

• Rep+
Reactions: Bindusar

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Quote:

Thanks for the confirmation! Reps to you!

always glad to help...

·
Premium Member
3,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
After a fully day of assembly...WOOT!!!

Tower112 in and functioning well...12°C drop in load temps!!!

Now with my faithful OCZ PSU it is time to start playing! I really can't believe I was even able to OC at all with the PSU I had...that Raidmax 420W has a killer 13A on the single 12V rail!

Thanks to everyone who once again helped as always with the little bumps I hit.

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Quote:

After a fully day of assembly...WOOT!!!

Tower112 in and functioning well...12°C drop in load temps!!!

Now with my faithful OCZ PSU it is time to start playing! I really can't believe I was even able to OC at all with the PSU I had...that Raidmax 420W has a killer 13A on the single 12V rail!

Thanks to everyone who once again helped as always with the little bumps I hit.

WOW....13 amps ......lmao.....chuck that pos.....
congrats on the temps.......i dropped almost 20 degrees under load.....58-60 down to 42-43 with my silent tower...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts