Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Source

465

510
Quote:
Arctic plans to make its Accelero Hybrid air+liquid graphics card cooler generally available on May 29. The Accelero Hybrid consists of a closed-loop liquid cooler for the GPU, and a cooler shroud that suspends a fan, which guides air through heatsinks over the VRM and memory chips. Heat from the GPU is dissipated at a 1U radiator, which is ventilated by a 120 mm Actic F12 PWM-controlled fan. Measuring 243 (L) x 112 (W) x 44.2 (H) mm, the net weight of the cooler (graphics card module) is 363 g; while the radiator measures 150 (L) x 120 (W) x 52.8 (H) mm, weighing 503 g.
 

·
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
Joined
·
6,463 Posts
Ugly
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,044 Posts
It's basically what a few artisans here on OCN have set up with their custom mounting brackets for the H70 / Antec coolers.

Have a bad feeling price might be somewhat prohibitive though. Especially when you can get Antec 620's in the ~50 range then a custom mounting bracket from the artisans here. Plus you're helping out a fellow OCNer in the process.
smile.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
Yeah but what are temps gonna be like? Seems like a 240 rad would be a better idea for a GPU cooler. Of course, If you have more than one GPU, space would be concern for a 240 setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkypoo7 View Post

It's basically what a few artisans here on OCN have set up with their custom mounting brackets for the H70 / Antec coolers.
Got a link? I searched and found a few mods, but not what you're describing. I don't feel like fooling with a custom loop anymore for many reasons, so this greatly interests me.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,044 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckycheeze View Post

Got a link? I searched and found a few mods, but not what you're describing. I don't feel like fooling with a custom loop anymore for many reasons, so this greatly interests me.
Here you go: Dwood's Linky also there another artisan here that does a similar setup. Chmodlabs' Linky

The only advantage that the AC unit has is probably going to be a wider range of compatible cards, though Dwood's brackets pretty much cover all of the most recent cards on the market anyways. Plus, the pricing is quite a force to be reckoned with.
smile.gif
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,423 Posts
I think it looks sharp. Plus, it's self-contained and warrantied
smile.gif
If the Windforce cooler I have now wasn't such a beast I'd give it a shot. All-in-one coolers just make so much more sense than traditional water cooling for 99% of the populous.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckycheeze View Post

Yeah but what are temps gonna be like? Seems like a 240 rad would be a better idea for a GPU cooler.
Temps are superb for any given gpu with a single 120mm rad. Take in mind that although they use more power than a gpu, they have a much much bigger surface area which means that heat is a lot easier to dissipate.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkypoo7 View Post

Here you go: Dwood's Linky also there another artisan here that does a similar setup. Chmodlabs' Linky
The only advantage that the AC unit has is probably going to be a wider range of compatible cards, though Dwood's brackets pretty much cover all of the most recent cards on the market anyways. Plus, the pricing is quite a force to be reckoned with.
smile.gif
Wow, thanks a bunch! Actually looks pretty simple really. +rep
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by staryoshi View Post

I think it looks sharp. Plus, it's self-contained and warrantied
smile.gif
If the Windforce cooler I have now wasn't such a beast I'd give it a shot. All-in-one coolers just make so much more sense than traditional water cooling for 99% of the populous.
Agreed. While I do enjoy doing builds, custom loops, etc, I just don't have the time right now, but would still like some of the performance over air cooling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by prava View Post

Temps are superb for any given gpu with a single 120mm rad. Take in mind that although they use more power than a gpu, they have a much much bigger surface area which means that heat is a lot easier to dissipate.
Makes sense. Thanks for the explanation
thumb.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
64 Posts
If they can get this to around $70, I think they'll have a killer product, but if they try and price it at $100 or so, they'll just price themselves out of the market.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,911 Posts
It's about time one of these was released.

This looks awesome. The shroud looks terrible, but the longer tubes, and horizontal tube holes make it awesome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,085 Posts
Who else remembers the good ol days when Arctic made cheap, good coolers? My Accelero S1 was like 20 bucks and it owned face.
 

·
Z-80 > i9
Joined
·
17,244 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckycheeze View Post

Yeah but what are temps gonna be like? Seems like a 240 rad would be a better idea for a GPU cooler.
You don't need a large radiator for a single GPU. I generally stick to one 120mm section/fan per GPU, as it's working fine on my 470.

I'm not 100% sure, but I'd think a 120mm rad would be fine for a CPU as well.

Where is everyone getting the price from? I can't find it in the main article or the like.
 

·
Down and out, for now.
Joined
·
943 Posts
I searched and found a pdf on the product and at the end there are a compatibility list:

Compatibility

AMD Radeon: HD 7870, 7850, 6970, 6950, 6870, 6850, 6790, 6770, 5870, 5850,
5830, 4890, 4870, 4850
NVIDIA GeForce: GTX 680, 670, 580, 570, 560Ti, 560 SE, 560, 550Ti, 480, 470,
465, 460 SE, 460, GTS 450
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oedipus View Post

Who else remembers the good ol days when Arctic made cheap, good coolers? My Accelero S1 was like 20 bucks and it owned face.
Indeed. I had an S1 with a cheap 120mm fan strapped to it and it was a champ.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,789 Posts
Def, a step in the right direction. Cost is aways higher on new products like this. IF they sell goood youll see a flood of these types of cooler designs coming to market.... prices will fall. Nothing will beat The Mod price though, zippstraps are just so inexpensive.
 

·
Null
Joined
·
6,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkypoo7 View Post

It's basically what a few artisans here on OCN have set up with their custom mounting brackets for the H70 / Antec coolers.
Have a bad feeling price might be somewhat prohibitive though. Especially when you can get Antec 620's in the ~50 range then a custom mounting bracket from the artisans here. Plus you're helping out a fellow OCNer in the process.
smile.gif
Would OCN artisans cover the costs of any damage? Somehow I doubt Antec would honor their warranty if their products were being used outside of their intended functions. Though I guess you could always lie and say it was just on the CPU.

How many slots would this take up? If it's two I don't really see the appeal of it compared to conventional air cooling, other than the better temps. Though with the VRM being cooled with just a single fan like that I'm inclined to doubt you'd be able to OC much higher than usual anyway.
 
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
Top