1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If repost pls report it
thank you

Quote:

Do you desire for a free CPU upgrade? Of course, you do! ASRock Inc. today launched the UCC [Unlock CPU Core] Series motherboard that delivers added core processing power by enabling the ASRock exclusive UCC function of the AMD CPUs. Unprecedentedly integrated with ASRock exclusive UCC Chip, ASRock UCC function is well-designed to provide extra performance boost on ASRock UCC Series motherboards. In conjunction with AMD's 8XX Series chipsets, ASRock 890GX Extreme3 motherboard, the first UCC series motherboard, comes with unique UCC feature and supports both advanced rendering from HD 4290, DX10.1 graphics technology and ATI Quad CrossFireX, 3-Way CrossFireX technologies.

source

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Yup... Both Asus and Asrock (both subsidaries of ASUSTeK) have this feature. AMD can't be happy.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pao
View Post

I tried to read up on this on their site yesterday. I'm missing how this is different from every other boards ACC, there is no way they can guarantee a chip unlock is there?

It is the ACC feature that we have now. On the 890 chipsets I believe ACC doesnt exist as AMD took it away from the new boards, which is why ASUSTEK is showing off the new unlock feature, because they basically brought it back lol.

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DuckieHo View Post
Yup... Both Asus and Asrock (both subsidaries of ASUSTeK) have this feature. AMD can't be happy.
Considering MSI & Gigabyte are offering the same, I would suspect not.

If nVidia really wanted to, they could take the AMD Chipset market by storm with USB3.0/SATA 6GB/s native chipsets supporting nVCC.

As of Right Now, overclocking is mostly CPU Reliant, as long as your board has the electrical capacity to support your CPU's power intake, your CPU is your limit.

Slide some issues that certain boards have with RAM Modules, or HT Bus holes. (like FSB Holes)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts