Overclock.net banner

[TPU]ASUS Readies New Line of Graphics Cards

1941 32
Quote:
ASUS Readies New Line of Graphics Cards
Today ASUS is all over the place, promoting all kinds of products. Now is the time for the Formula video cards line-up, inspired by Formula 1 race cars. ASUS is already showcasing a few products from the line-up at CeBIT 2009 (where else if not there). The part that brings the cards' name is actually the heatsink. From above it resembles the shape of a F1 car. Despite that, the heatsink is nothing so revolutionary. It is combination of anti-oxidizing aluminum fins, five copper heat-pipes and a dust-proof fan. The whole cooling occupies two PCI slots. ASUS forgot to mention if the cards will be supercharged, sorry I mean overclocked. Pricing and availability information is also missing, neither we know if the cards will be with NVIDIA or ATI GPUs.

source
if repost let me know
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
I agree with the horde; just a ridiculous and ugly scheme. If you're going to model it after a car, don't make it look like a recycling bin.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Oh god... that is ugly (shudders). Are there people out there that like this gimmicky stuff? I for one find beauty in functionality and performance when it comes to computer stuff.

·
Premium Member
9,773 Posts
someone tell the author of the linked article his attempt at humor was fail. f1 engines are not "supercharged" iirc

if I am wrong I am fail

·
Premium Member
10,925 Posts
What ever happened to these?

·
Premium Member
10,925 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Varjo
View Post

Holy **** those look good.

They were announced MONTHS ago, but I never saw one for sale, anywhere.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CattleRustler
View Post

someone tell the author of the linked article his attempt at humor was fail. f1 engines are not "supercharged" iirc

if I am wrong I am fail

F1 motors are N/A.

Card is still really ugly though.

·
Premium Member
9,773 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by captthunderpnts
View Post

F1 motors are N/A.
Card is still really ugly though.

yep, normally aspirated F-T-my-not-fail-W

"now I can walk around and not feel so damn self-con-shush"

·
Registered
276 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Varjo
View Post

Sigh another stupid car inspired marketing gimmick from Asus. I'll take an SSC or FTW over a Formula or Ferrari anyday.

I'd take an SSC over an F1 as well:

(supposedly fastest production car in the world)

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.