Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
FCljIl.jpg

Quote:
Cooler Master is preparing a new HTPC case for mini-ITX form-factor motherboards, the Elite 120, which was pictured at CES. It is built mostly from SECC steel, but its front bezel is made of aluminum. The case measures 240 x 205.6 x 382.5 mm (WxHxD). It features one 5.25-inch drive bay, four 3.5-inch bays, and two 2.5-inch ones. The only fan included with the case is a 120 mm front intake, but there are provisions for more fans, at least one on the side. Its front-panel includes one USB 3.0 port, two USB 2.0, and audio jacks.
Source

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Doesn't look like an enthusiast class based on the dimensions and specs. By fitting an ATX power supply the back will be severely cramped and this might even be a single slot case from the looks of it. I give it a 6/10 only for the fact that it holds so many drives.

·
Premium Member
3,437 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by armourcore9brker View Post

By fitting an ATX power supply the back will be severely cramped and this might even be a single slot case from the looks of it.
Not sure why you'd want to put an ATX PSU in an ITX case...

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Been doing some searching on this case and the best info I've found is on the video below:

At about 1:55 the CM rep states that this will hold dual slot full sized GPUs and ATX PSUs (and looks like it has room for a 5.25' external bay). Hard to believe yes, but I managed to squint out the dimensions off the original photo and here it is compared with a SG07:

http://sizeasy.com/page/size_comparison/34008-SG07-vs-CM-Elite-120

VpPdQ.jpg

This apparently releases Q3 2012 so I won't be holding my breath but I do look forward to additional specs as they are made available.

·
Registered
3,137 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HWI View Post

Not sure why you'd want to put an ATX PSU in an ITX case...
hey hey....I have a full sized PSU in my ITX case!!! lol

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
So it's a microwave?

·
Maximum effort.
993 Posts
The design is nice, and I guess if you want an HTPC that can play BF3 this is right up your alley. Personally the depth is a bit much for what I think an HTPC should be, but I guess that class of computer is growing broader and broader.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by _GTech View Post

Price?
All Looks aside, I like the interior design, seriously.
I could always remove the Logo and like have someone paint the front for me.
biggrin.gif
Will retail for around 50 Euro while availability is in Q3. With the recent slew of Z77 ITX boards being announced, this should be quite popular.

I kind of like the front panel but will definitely use slot covers.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts