Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Corsair, a worldwide leader in high-performance PC hardware, today announced the release of the Neutron Series XT SSDs. Available in 240GB, 480GB or massive 960GB capacities, the Neutron XT boasts phenomenal performance for those who accept no compromises when it comes to their storage.

With SSDs becoming an essential addition to any enthusiast PC build, the Neutron XT takes things one step further, combining amazing data performance with a range of capacities to suit even the most data hungry. Equipped with a state-of-the-art quad-core Phison SSD controller and advanced MLC NAND for superior reliability and endurance, the Neutron XT is able to deliver sequential read speeds of 560MB/sec and sequential write speeds of 540MB/sec, pushing the SATA 6Gb/s interface to its limits. The sheer speed advantage versus standard hard disk drives and low-end SSDs is enormous-operating systems are more responsive, programs open quicker and games load faster, improving the whole experience of using your PC.

Quote:
Available immediately from Corsair's worldwide network of authorized retailers, the Neutron XT 256GB is priced at a MSRP of $149.99, the Neutron XT 512GB at $269.99 and the Neutron XT 960GB at $539.99.
Source

·
Registered
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Quote:
Corsair, a worldwide leader in high-performance PC hardware, today announced the immediate availability of new USB 3.0 flash drive families - Flash Voyager Slider X1 and Flash Voyager Slider X2. Corsair also unveiled a rugged new look for the ultra-performance Flash Voyager GS and Flash Voyager GTX families with the addition of a 512GB size for Flash Voyager GS. Equipped with new bold styling and offering a wide range of performance and capacities to suite any budget, these new drives bring the Flash Voyager line up-to-date and ready for the demands of 2015.
Quote:
Combining the speed of USB 3.0 with the functionality of a cap-less USB drive, the Flash Voyager Slider X1 and Slider X2 share a sleek, glossy design that allows the USB cap to conveniently slide back into the drive housing. Slider X1 is available in 16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 128GB, and 256GB capacities and thanks to its USB 3.0 interface is able to reach read speeds of up to 130MB/sec. Slider X2 knocks the performance up another notch, with read speeds of 200MB/sec in capacities of 16GB, 32GB, 64GB and 128GB.

Quote:
Taking USB 3.0 performance to the next level, the Flash Voyager GS and GTX offer extreme USB 3.0 performance in a new, rugged and stylish package. Voyager GS, available in 64GB, 128GB, 256GB or the new 512GB capacities, offers enough storage space for huge data transfers, with read speeds of up to 260MB/sec and write speeds of up to 105MB/sec. Flash Voyager GTX is the pinnacle of Corsair's USB flash drive lineup, available in 128GB or 256GB capacities and boasting blistering read speeds of up to 450MB/sec and write speeds of up to 200MB/sec thanks to its on-board SSD data controller. Both Flash Voyager GS and Voyager GTX are backed by a five year warranty and like all Corsair flash drives, they are compatible with Windows, Mac OS X and Linux, with no driver installation necessary.

Source

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
I remember my first USB drive with 512mb and cost $27. I remember thing wow this thing can hold so much more than those 1.44mB drives! This is awesome! And I'm not even that old

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Those prices for the Neutron XT are a bad joke considering its performance and competition, especially for the 960 GB model.

·
I took this profile pic
3,964 Posts
SATA III was pushed to its limits a while ago. It's like the gaming console of transfer interfaces. It just holds everything back. I'm a genius.

·
Registered
5,603 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles3000 View Post

Thats $70 more than the Samsung 850 EVO 1TB. Great job Corsair.
rolleyes.gif
I'd buy Samsung over Corsair any day , and corsair pricing there's higher makes that decision even easier lol

·
2,327 Posts
Razer of SSDs?

·
Super Moderator
9,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thready View Post

SATA III was pushed to its limits a while ago. It's like the gaming console of transfer interfaces. It just holds everything back. I'm a genius.
It holds sequential speeds back. Random speeds have yet to break past SATA I, let alone SATA III.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dyson Poindexter View Post

Where's M.2 and SATA Express? NVMe is the future!
NVMe also isn't supported too well. I think the SSD controller needs to support it, not just the board or SATA controller.

M.2 and SATAe are limited for now - I think SATAe just got finalized actually - and don't offer too much more than a higher price tag. You could get a 256GB M.2 drive for about $250, or you could RAID three SATA drives for a bit more and triple the capacity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilles3000 View Post

Quote:
the Neutron XT 960GB at $539.99.
Thats $70 more than the Samsung 850 EVO 1TB. Great job Corsair.
rolleyes.gif
It's $60 cheaper than a launch M500 and $110 cheaper than a launch 840 EVO. Price will come down quite a bit, just give it time.

·
Super Moderator
9,196 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dieanotherday View Post

neutrons have always been pretty bad right?
Nope. Force has always been average since it used a standard Sandforce controller, at least until the LX line. Original Neutrons used the Link A Media controller (also found in the Seagate 600), which was awesome. Not sure what the recent ones have used.

·
Meow!
8,487 Posts
I don't think I am going to buy Corsair anymore. H100 fail broken pump controller, HX750 starts to fail and shutoff, 600T fan controller died slowly overtime and Force GT SSD... not so much. I'll be looking at Kingston for USB3.0 Drive (i have one they are 225mb/s speed read and write in real time). And for SSD; Hyper X series.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalUnicorn View Post

It's $60 cheaper than a launch M500 and $110 cheaper than a launch 840 EVO. Price will come down quite a bit, just give it time.
Don't have to... Better alternatives already exist
tongue.gif
Corsair needs to get up to speed with their market research
wink.gif

·
Meep
5,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalUnicorn View Post

The thing is, we're a generation further now, and 1TB SSD's have dropped in price.

If you really want to compare launch msrp's, the 850evo 1TB has an msrp of $500 still $40 cheaper than the XT.

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoktorCreepy View Post

Those prices for the Neutron XT are a bad joke considering its performance and competition, especially for the 960 GB model.
It's about the same as a 1TB Crucial M550.

Is this Phison SSD controller any good? What drives use the same controller atm?

·
Official Luddite of OCN
5,746 Posts
Like the color scheme on those, would have been perfect as SSD's for my setup.. That said, I've stuck with crucial for my ssd need's and have not been dissapointed, these are just too pricey for what they offer

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by brucethemoose View Post

It's about the same as a 1TB Crucial M550.

Is this Phison SSD controller any good? What drives use the same controller atm?
The Crucial M550 is old and while it is available in 1TB its not really relevant anymore hence all the sales lately to clear out its stock as well as the M500's before they launch their new products listed below.

The new Phison S10 controller the Neutron XT uses is good, but the performance doesn't stack up against an 850 Evo or a Sandisk Extreme Pro both of which are cheaper or the exact same price for a given capacity depending upon where you shop and are made by OEM's.

The Patriot Ignite coming out this month uses the exact same Phison S10 controller as the Corsair Neutron XT, uses more affordable Micron MLC NAND, is cheaper and available in 1TB.

The Mushkin Reactor which uses the Silicon Motion SM2246EN controller and is 1TB is on Newegg right now for 359.99.

Both the Crucial MX200 and BX100 (both are available in 1TB} are coming out in Q1 and are cheaper.

The Samsung 840 Evo is cheaper especially if you bought one when the 1TB version was 349.99 during the holiday sales.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts