Overclock.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

Compustocx (CSX), always made headlines with its Diablo series overclock-friendly memory modules. Some of its earlier DDR3-2000+ memory modules received raving reviews. Unfortunately, DRAM voltages on those modules were to high to let the modules count safe for the Core i7 platform.

The company now released a new 3 GB and 6 GB, triple-channel memory kits that brandish Core i7 compatibility. The DIABLO3-2000-3GB-3KIT and DIABLO3-2000-6GB-3KIT come with the district Diablo-series heatspreaders over the modules. They use Samsung HCF0 DRAM chips which count as some of the best performing parts. Each module holds eight 1 Gb (for the 3 GB kit) or 2 Gb (for the 6 GB kit) chips. By default, the modules are programmed to run at JEDEC standard speeds: 1333 MHz, with CAS latency at 9T. The modules are guaranteed to run at a max speed of 2000 MHz, with DRAM timings of 9-9-9-24, at a voltage of 1.64 V. CSX has these kits out in limited quantities for now.

Source

·
Banned
10,584 Posts
They're cuttin' those volts awful damn close....while it won't hurt them, if I had spent that much on Core i7, I would want 1.5Vdimm atleast. :\\

Still nice that they're creating ram chips that run at higher speeds...progress, even for the wrong reasons, is still progress.

·
Fan Man
1,291 Posts
Corsair's top-of-the-line kit runs @ 2000Mhz with 8-7-8-20 timings, making it faster than these Diablo kits. They aren't a bad alternative though.

·
Registered
4,497 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAND0M1ZER
View Post

^pretty much all triple channel kits are 1.65

The DDR3-1333 triple channel memory kits are 1.5v while the overclocked variants are at 1.65v.

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by giecsar
View Post

Corsair's top-of-the-line kit runs @ 2000Mhz with 8-7-8-20 timings, making it faster than these Diablo kits. They aren't a bad alternative though.

now is that user set? cause the modules on those are d9gtr and im pretty sure they can hold similar timings.

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by OpTicaL
View Post

Looks good, wonder how well it performs. Never heard of CSX before.

Unlike OCZ, Corsair, Crucial, G.Skill, & Kingston. Their are a few companies that make OC/Gamer specific RAM don't get alot of attention.

Buffalo and CSX are two of those companies. Their are a few more as well. Just as good as the competition, just not as known.

·
Premium Member
16,528 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by giecsar View Post
the gt's? those have ELPIDA ic's. these have new Samsung HCF0 ic's

·
Iconoclast
31,524 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TestECull View Post
They're cuttin' those volts awful damn close....while it won't hurt them, if I had spent that much on Core i7, I would want 1.5Vdimm atleast. :
How is this cutting it close?

You can't even run DDR-2000 on most i7s without a 4GHz uncore clock, which will need 1.4v+ (on the uncore/vtt).

They'd have to be rated for 1.8v+ for it to be cutting it close.

·
Premium Member
16,528 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blue_Fire
View Post

not according to tank guys they don't. Some of these kits boast d9gtr modules.

tanks guys dont carry the gt's

·
Premium Member
6,985 Posts
this is h0000t, and good voltage for a 2000mhz kit!!!! If its cheap it will be tough to beat.

·
Registered
2,854 Posts
I would choose Corsair Dominator GT's, but if these were cheaper, I would buy these instead, despite the high timings.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts