Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:

It looks like motherboard vendors aren't missing the opportunity CeBIT provides to display their upcoming motherboards, notably those based on Intel's LGA-1156 supportive P55 chipset. One of the first ones from the house of Gigabyte is the GA-IBP. "IBP" refers to "Ibex Peak", the platform codename. Featuring most common components of a motherboard of its kind, that include four DDR3 DIMM slots for dual-channel memory, connections for Intel's Felxible Display Interface (FDI), three PCI-E x16 (electrical x16, x8, x8, rearranges based on slot population), and the single-chip P55 chipset, the board supports both ATI CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI technologies. six internal SATA ports, HDCP-compliant onboard audio and dual-Gigabit LAN make for the rest of the offering. We will learn more about this basic design from Gigabyte as we get closer to the launch of Intel's upcoming LGA-1156 processors.

Source

·
Registered
833 Posts
is this the same hole pattern as the LGA1366 or 775 acan't tell

·
Iconoclast
31,524 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazman1 View Post
woah did that just say that ibex peak can overclock.
Yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazman1 View Post
I thought they couldn't overclock.
That's cause you listen to rumors started and perpetuated by fools.

·
Z-80 > i9
17,244 Posts
I'm hoping for a UD3 version of this, the sexy blue + Gunmetal Grey heatsinks and Blue and White DIMM slots..

·
Registered
442 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by blackjack23 View Post
is this the same hole pattern as the LGA1366 or 775 acan't tell
Its socket 1156. Its the Mainstream socket for the i5 series.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrashsoul View Post
Its socket 1156. Its the Mainstream socket for the i5 series.
He was asking what CPU heatsink would fit on it, if the holes were 775 or i7. *JaKe*

·
Premium Member
8,764 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by arkheii View Post
Sadly, this Gigabyte just might be the prettiest P55 board to be on display.
I agree, the latest P55 boards look like there are from a few years ago.... Oh and i really thought gigabyte learned their lesson with the colors that they used to smear all over their boards. Their X58's looked great being 90% blue/white but now this rainbow crap is back again with very cheesy looking gold heatsinks.

·
Premium Member
8,198 Posts
This board has two features that I wish all other gigabyte boards could have. The first one being sideways sata slots and the second being the pwr switch/reset/clrcmos. Other than that, it's ugly.

·
Super Moderator
19,300 Posts
I like it... and holy crap, that's a LOT of USB/Firewire headers. Haven't seen that many since the GA-E790USLI-DQ6.

·
Iconoclast
31,524 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Weedvender
View Post

And that thing better cost less than an arm and a leg.

I'm guessing it will cost 150-160 dollars, if it has the extra NVIDIA chip to support the additional PCI-E slots.

Probably ~130 for the version that is the P55 only.

·
Premium Member
4,276 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Weedvender
View Post

Do not want....... Its like they dont care about this series. And that thing better cost less than an arm and a leg.

They don't care about this series.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Starbuck5000
View Post

OI! wth is my northbridge Gigabyte. I WANT IT BACK!!

lol, I was thinking that same thing

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RAND0M1ZER
View Post

I wonder if this will perform better than x58, like p45 did with x48...

No it won't.

the CPUs aren't even the same.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts