Overclock.net banner

[TPU] Gigabyte GA-IBP LGA-1156 Motherboard Pictured

2299 19
Quote:

It looks like motherboard vendors aren't missing the opportunity CeBIT provides to display their upcoming motherboards, notably those based on Intel's LGA-1156 supportive P55 chipset. One of the first ones from the house of Gigabyte is the GA-IBP. "IBP" refers to "Ibex Peak", the platform codename. Featuring most common components of a motherboard of its kind, that include four DDR3 DIMM slots for dual-channel memory, connections for Intel's Felxible Display Interface (FDI), three PCI-E x16 (electrical x16, x8, x8, rearranges based on slot population), and the single-chip P55 chipset, the board supports both ATI CrossFireX and NVIDIA SLI technologies. six internal SATA ports, HDCP-compliant onboard audio and dual-Gigabit LAN make for the rest of the offering. We will learn more about this basic design from Gigabyte as we get closer to the launch of Intel's upcoming LGA-1156 processors.

Source
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
903 Posts
is this the same hole pattern as the LGA1366 or 775 acan't tell

·
Iconoclast
33,712 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazman1 View Post
woah did that just say that ibex peak can overclock.
Yes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lazman1 View Post
I thought they couldn't overclock.
That's cause you listen to rumors started and perpetuated by fools.

·
Z-80 > i9
18,141 Posts
I'm hoping for a UD3 version of this, the sexy blue + Gunmetal Grey heatsinks and Blue and White DIMM slots..

·
Premium Member
8,693 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by arkheii View Post
Sadly, this Gigabyte just might be the prettiest P55 board to be on display.
I agree, the latest P55 boards look like there are from a few years ago.... Oh and i really thought gigabyte learned their lesson with the colors that they used to smear all over their boards. Their X58's looked great being 90% blue/white but now this rainbow crap is back again with very cheesy looking gold heatsinks.

·
Premium Member
8,901 Posts
This board has two features that I wish all other gigabyte boards could have. The first one being sideways sata slots and the second being the pwr switch/reset/clrcmos. Other than that, it's ugly.

·
Super Moderator
28,404 Posts
I like it... and holy crap, that's a LOT of USB/Firewire headers. Haven't seen that many since the GA-E790USLI-DQ6.

·
Iconoclast
33,712 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Weedvender
View Post

And that thing better cost less than an arm and a leg.

I'm guessing it will cost 150-160 dollars, if it has the extra NVIDIA chip to support the additional PCI-E slots.

Probably ~130 for the version that is the P55 only.

·
Premium Member
8,637 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Weedvender
View Post

Do not want....... Its like they dont care about this series. And that thing better cost less than an arm and a leg.

They don't care about this series.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.